Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 07:29:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Francesca Leone: Close Ups and Gazes On Canvas
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Francesca Leone: Close Ups and Gazes On Canvas  (Read 9110 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 07:28:00 AM »

Francesca Leone's official website http://www.francescaleone.it/?lang=en (you can choose English or Italian in upper right hand corner by clicking on the appropriate flag)

In the "press" section, there area  bunch of articles about her; here is the only one I could find in English (it's a pdf) http://www.francescaleone.it/site/wp-content/themes/gallery/images/recensioni/big/sundaycircle0310.pdf

There's also an option you can choose to see her artwork. Personally, her style doesn't interest me much (I'm much more into realist stuff), though being a New Yorker who has ridden the subway many times, I did like the one with the train whizzing by in a blur!)

And there's a Contact button. How about someone here who speaks Italian sending an email and inviting her to look at these boards; who knows, maybe she's be interested in checking it out once in a while, maybe answer some questions about her father, etc. I always thought it would be cool if we could get some people who actually worked with/knew Sergio Leone to join in the conversation here occasionally. I know that a couple of the child actors from OUATIA joined here some time ago but sadly, they drifted away after a while.

(I once sent an email to A.O. Scott, film critic for the NY Times and great-nephew of Eli Wallach, telling him about the site and asking if maybe Uncle Eli would answer a few questions some time. I didn't get a response, which didn't surprise me; I didn't think he'd wanna ask his 97 year-old great uncle to check out a message board!)

Anyway, my point is that if we all do what we can to try reach out to some of these people, maybe we can get lucky and have a few join the conversation. And how about some Italian-speaking member start by sending that email to Francesca  Smiley

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:41:17 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »

Francesca Leone's official website http://www.francescaleone.it/?lang=en (you can choose English or Italian in upper right hand corner by clicking on the appropriate flag)

In the "press" section, there area  bunch of articles about her; here is the only one I could find in English (it's a pdf) http://www.francescaleone.it/site/wp-content/themes/gallery/images/recensioni/big/sundaycircle0310.pdf

There's also an option you can choose to see her artwork. Personally, her style doesn't interest me much (I'm much more into realist stuff), though being a New Yorker who has ridden the subway many times, I did like the one with the train whizzing by in a blur!)

And there's a Contact button. How about someone here who speaks Italian sending an email and inviting her to look at these boards; who knows, maybe she's be interested in checking it out once in a while, maybe answer some questions about her father, etc. I always thought it would be cool if we could get some people who actually worked with/knew Sergio Leone to join in the conversation here occasionally. I know that a couple of the child actors from OUATIA joined here some time ago but sadly, they drifted away after a while.

(I once sent an email to A.O. Scott, film critic for the NY Times and great-nephew of Eli Wallach, telling him about the site and asking if maybe Uncle Eli would answer a few questions some time. I didn't get a response, which didn't surprise me; I didn't think he'd wanna ask his 97 year-old great uncle to check out a message board!)

Anyway, my point is that if we all do what we can to try reach out to some of these people, maybe we can get lucky and have a few join the conversation. And how about some Italian-speaking member start by sending that email to Francesca  Smiley

Maybe ask her about future restorations of OUATIA.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 01:39:16 PM »

Maybe ask her about future restorations of OUATIA.

for that you'd have to ask Andrea Leone; his production company was involved in the restoration; he was involved in that along with his other sister Raffaela. I emailed both of them a while ago but (not surprisingly) never got a response

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 03:54:33 AM »

for that you'd have to ask Andrea Leone; his production company was involved in the restoration; he was involved in that along with his other sister Raffaela. I emailed both of them a while ago but (not surprisingly) never got a response

No offence to Andrea, but if I was Sergio's son, I'd seriously consider getting my father's final project that he wasn't able to complete [Leningrad] off the ground. What a way to honour his legacy!

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 04:07:00 AM »

No offence to Andrea, but if I was Sergio's son, I'd seriously consider getting my father's final project that he wasn't able to complete [Leningrad] off the ground. What a way to honour his legacy!

there's was no project. no script, not even a treatment. Leningrad was just a basic idea for a movie - to show the siege of Leningrad, through the eyes of an American journalist who falls in love with a Russian girl -- and all Leone had substantively in his mind was the opening and closing scene --  And even that wasn't too firm; Frayling says that Leone wasn't even sure about the ending; sometimes he talked about it not ending so sadly with the journalist dying.

That's all. It's not like he had lined up a script and was about to start shooting. If anyone were to ever make a Leningrad project, it would be a brand new project and have zero to do with Sergio Leone.

Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 04:16:34 AM »

there's was no project. no script, not even a treatment. Leningrad was just a basic idea for a movie - to show the siege of Leningrad, through the eyes of an American journalist who falls in love with a Russian girl -- and all Leone had substantively in his mind was the opening and closing scene --  And even that wasn't too firm; Frayling says that Leone wasn't even sure about the ending; sometimes he talked about it not ending so sadly with the journalist dying.

That's all. It's not like he had lined up a script and was about to start shooting. If anyone were to ever make a Leningrad project, it would be a brand new project and have zero to do with Sergio Leone.

Well it's a start, I guess. Was anyone else working with Leone at the time he conceived this idea, or was it just him alone?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 05:43:02 AM »

Well it's a start, I guess. Was anyone else working with Leone at the time he conceived this idea, or was it just him alone?

not sure. Check out the last chapter of STDWD, where Frayling discusses the Leningrad project, as well as all the other projects Leone was considering after Once Upon a Time in America

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 03:00:32 PM »

I'd rather have seen A Place Only Mary Knows personally. That at least got beyond the vague idea stage.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 06:18:34 PM »

I disagree. Sergio Leone wrote a detailed introduction that could be shot beautifully in accordance with how he described it. If Giuseppe Tornatore (who showed he could do a Leone with "The Legend of the Pianist on the Ocean") does get to do it, it would be a wonderful tribute and homage. As for the rest of the film, well I'd be happy to get another Tornatore to watch  Afro

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 06:20:38 PM »

I once sent an email to A.O. Scott, film critic for the NY Times and great-nephew of Eli Wallach...

Didn't know they were related!

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »

Didn't know they were related!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNJbXwhgtOw

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM