Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 06:32:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Clint and tuco cameo
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint and tuco cameo  (Read 6252 times)
Colonel GŁnther Ruiz
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 01:07:38 PM »

In regards to this scenario I have been always under the impression that Eastwood, Van Cleef and Wallach if they had been used by Leone would not have been used as any of their previous characters but as three altogether different ones which may have been quite interesting.

What if Van Cleef or Wallach was the leader of the group (the Elam role) rather than Eastwood which most people would have expected?  Of course Eastwood would never have gone through with all this, he was too smart about his career.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 04:40:48 PM »

Yea that's along the lines I was thinking, Eastwood as a long haired saddle bum, Wallach not as a Mexican but maybe a throw back to his Gant in How The West was won, now Van Cleef is left......

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 06:35:08 PM »

Well yeah, I kinda doubt the characters would be the same as Elam, Strode and Muloch if they were played by Clint, Eli and Lee.

Saturday nights with Groggy
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 01:54:35 AM »

Why not?

Van Cleef under the dripping water, Eastwood playing with his knuckles, Wallach and the fly. It wouldn't change the scene itself a bit. Only the meaning would be a different one, but only in the eyes of a knowing audience.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM