Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 03:35:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Irish Locations
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Irish Locations  (Read 4915 times)
Sucker
Bandido

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2009, 06:00:02 PM »

I haven't been here in a long time but thought I'd let you know that the link for the slideshow of the Irish locations for DYS/FOD is now as follows:

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/paddytheirishman/A%20Fistful%20of%20Dynamite%20-%20Irish%20Locations/?albumview=slideshow

Just to recap that the outdoor scenes were filmed in Howth Castle Demesne near Dublin and Toner's Pub was used for the indoor scenes.

Colonel GŁnther Ruiz
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:05:34 PM »

Hi, I haven't been a member for very long and never saw these.  Thank you, these pics are awesome!   Afro

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:58:36 AM »

Hey, way cool Afro Toner's is already my favorite pub alongside with McSorley's although I haven't been to either Grin

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 06:31:05 AM »

Afro

Sucker
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 12:13:53 PM »

Just for fun I made a small video/slide show of the Irish Locations and have now stuck it on youtube.

You can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzYddpcyTUw

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 01:12:21 PM »

Thanks, Sucker! Afro

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 05:42:46 PM »

Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Colonel GŁnther Ruiz
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »

It makes me want to watch DYS again.  Thanks!   Smiley

Sucker
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 12:53:21 PM »

Hi Guys, haven't been here in a while but thought I'd update you all on this subject - Irish locations - and ask a question.

As mentioned elsewhere on the Board, DYS/FOD is showing in Dublin this evening at the IFI with Prof. Frayling in attendance. Regrettably, I cannot be there. However, in the blurb issued by the IFI they referred to the fact that John Boorman (who lives in Co. Wicklow) had assisted Leone in finding suitable locations in Wicklow for the flashback sequences. Now, as most of you will have seen on the youtube link posted above, these locations are not in Co. Wicklow but in Co. Dublin and Dublin City. I emailed the IFI last week about this and they have come back to me today with the news that they queried the matter this afternoon with both the Prof. and John Boorman and "they say that they definitely used Wicklow in the flashback sequences". Now, no more than NYC can be in LA, Howth Castle in Dublin cannot be in Wicklow. I have emailed them back with a request to ask them:

1. What scenes were shot in Wicklow?
2. Where in Wicklow were they shot?

Now, this raises the possibility (probability?) that scenes WERE shot in Wicklow but were not used in the final cut. If so, did these scenes expand on/clarify the exact relationship between the three that has raised some disagreement here over the years?

Oh, how I wish I could be there tonight!!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM