Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 07:46:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Web Site Announcements (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A potential way to improve the SLWB
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A potential way to improve the SLWB  (Read 8528 times)
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2009, 04:12:07 PM »

Does anyone else feel this board would be much improved if we changed the name of the "other films" section to Westerns/Non-Leone Westerns/Other Westerns and added an Other Films board. It just seems logical but I want to hear the community's thoughts on the matter.

thanks

side note: and I promise I will not change my username again. I never warmed up to Tuco Harmonica and Tuco's full name had to be sort of annoying b/c its length. I'm sticking with this one (exception: halloween).

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:17:09 PM by T.H. » Logged

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 04:35:32 PM »

There was a brief discussion about this over here with the most recent posts being the following:

... I personally think it would be nice to have a separate section for all movies in which Leone is known to have been directly involved because it gives a more complete picture of his life's work.

Right now the 'other films' section includes everything from "The Last Days of Pompeii" to "Transformers 2". I think a separate section for Leone-related films would be preferable. Off the top of my head, I would suggest including the following to which many more could be added (obviously the level of involvement varies considerably):

Sodom & Gomorrah
The Last days of Pompeii
Genius
My Name is Nobody
Cemetery Without Crosses
Bicycle Thief

Or Other Films could be retitled Other Western Films, which is how it is actually used. Non-Western threads end up in Off Topic.

Are you trying to say all films Leone ever worked on deserve their own board? I would vehemently disagree with that, if only because there are so many and there would be little point - I doubt there'd be much discussion about Sodom and Gomorroah or The Last Days of Pompeii. After all, look at how little discussion there is on the COR and FOD boards.

The Other Films board is restricted primarily to Westerns. Other films are posted on the OT Board. I see no problem with this arrangement.

No, just a single board for "Leone-related Films" that is separate from the "Other Films" section where just about anything is discussed.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 06:57:27 PM »

Does anyone else feel this board would be much improved if we changed the name of the "other films" section to Westerns/Non-Leone Westerns/Other Westerns and added an Other Films board. It just seems logical but I want to hear the community's thoughts on the matter.

I am perfectly happy with how it is now but to stop all the confusion your idea should be employed.

I'm sticking with this one (exception: halloween).

Which is right around the corner...

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 10:04:14 PM »

I never read that thread - thanks for posting the discussion, novecento.

The off-topic board could stick to the rate-a-thread and all misc. discussion. Personally, my favorite aspect of the SLWB is the western film threads. With the implementation of a "new" Other Films board, I feel that we would create more individual threads, which would parlay into more discussion.

the off-topic section is too cluttered for non-western film discussion to really thrive. Also, our critiques/analysis wouldn't be lost, so to speak. Needless to say, if DJ or somebody writes a long post, it can be there for future board members to read. It gives our mishandling of life responsibilities some justification lol.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:13:31 PM by T.H. » Logged

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 12:17:50 AM »

Yes, I think that would be a good idea. I think I even said it somewhere on the board already, or at least I was thinking about it. Smiley

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 07:04:24 AM »

I am perfectly happy with how it is now but to stop all the confusion your idea should be employed.

Which is right around the corner...

It does sound a good idea which would include moving all the film topics on "other discussions" to the new other films forum.Unfortunately though this would mean that the movie index would have to be completely rehashed as the thread links would be different . Undecided

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 01:45:16 AM »

More work for you,

BTW Banjo what is up with the links in the American Western, Spaghetti Western etc., etc., lists that you so meticulously worked on, some are now in white and no longer work, are some topics beginning to drop off the board?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 06:56:40 AM »

I can't explain why it is but many of those threads are still in existence, you would just have to manually copy and paste them into the browser. Perhaps a typing error?

Saturday nights with Groggy
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 07:32:21 AM »

Yeh, I've just been copying and pasting for those ones too.

Out of curiosity, why is the search function so poor on the forum? If I type in something, I usually just get mostly random unrelated hits.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 08:15:33 AM »

The search engine of the board has always sucked. We've learned to live with it, and you'd better do the same: those who tried to fix it, we've never heard of them again. We call it the Curse of the Sergio Leone Web Board.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 10:49:11 AM »

The search engine is pretty erratic. Sometimes it will turn up good results but others, it will turn up random posts that happen to have a word being searched for.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 11:10:50 AM »

The search engine is great; no matter what I type there's a list of stock results that always pop out. Western, Sergio Leone, Monument Valley, dick, 24, boobs, Areca nut, Sri Lanka, Saigon, challenge, universe, gunfight... It doesn't matter, certain results are always there, even if not one single word or letter is matched.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 11:46:23 AM »

Saigon.
Shit.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 12:01:55 PM »

We're still only in Saigon.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 12:23:23 PM by Dust Devil » Logged

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 02:43:14 PM »

I love your signature. I tried to be funny with mine, but you won.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM