Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 09:25:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Why would Clint need to be sleeping in broad daylight?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why would Clint need to be sleeping in broad daylight?  (Read 9519 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2009, 01:19:56 AM »

The scene in which Clint asks Silvanito about Marisol, Silvanito inquires why Clint isn't sleeping.
It's broad daylight outside! Why would he need to be asleep?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:32:11 AM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 01:20:48 AM »

morning perhaps?

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 01:42:08 AM »

Don't remember the scene but in the summer months the sun gets out even before 5 in the morning, and goes down around 9:30 in the evening.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:43:12 AM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Robert Muller
Road Apple

In the dusters were men, in the men were bullets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 08:17:55 AM »

Everybody in Mexico has a siesta during the warmest time of the day.....why not Clint

Adios Amigos
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 10:02:50 AM »

Yeah, siesta probably covers it.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 12:17:25 PM »

"You people" have no idea what it's like out here in the West.  We've been 114F in the shade the last two weeks (but there isn't any shade).  During our 10pm news, the temperature outside is still like 104F, and 4am lows are 95F.  Last night 7:30pm it was damn hot as I walked out to go swimming with Mrs. Cusser.  So you bet I take siestas, waking up when it's that bright at 5:15am (yes, we have plenty of drapes and shades, but the animals don't care).  Even the garage gets up to 130F.  A 14-year-old from Alaska just died from the heat hiking in a city park, his family only took a liter of water each, recommended is 1 gallon an hour.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 01:15:47 PM »

"You people" have no idea what it's like out here in the West.

"You people" have no idea what it's like here in Rome.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 05:49:03 PM »

"You people" have no idea what it's like here in Rome."

We'll let me know I'll be there soon

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 02:24:34 AM »

"You people" have no idea what it's like out here in the West.  We've been 114F in the shade the last two weeks (but there isn't any shade).  During our 10pm news, the temperature outside is still like 104F, and 4am lows are 95F.  Last night 7:30pm it was damn hot as I walked out to go swimming with Mrs. Cusser.  So you bet I take siestas, waking up when it's that bright at 5:15am (yes, we have plenty of drapes and shades, but the animals don't care).  Even the garage gets up to 130F.  A 14-year-old from Alaska just died from the heat hiking in a city park, his family only took a liter of water each, recommended is 1 gallon an hour.

I know it's pretty hot down there but from what I know it's a different type of heat than let's say in Indochina or some similar place with high humidity. A lot of people I know said it is somewhat easier to bare. But then again if the temperature gets abnormally high there's no way to escape it, so I hear you.

Though pretty much the big old European cities are a noteworthy competition; when the heat gets up and the old sewage system starts getting heard, the narrow old alleys filled to the top with nervous enthusiastic tourists, when the sun starts cooking the centuries old smog daubed on the facades of the houses, and the streets are jammed with cars... If you ever got trapped in there you know that hell can't be much worse.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 07:17:27 AM »

Nobody dies from the heat 100 yards from the road there...

Colonel GŁnther Ruiz
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 04:18:55 PM »

morning perhaps?

I always assumed that.  But, a siesta makes just as much sense.   Smiley

Colonel GŁnther Ruiz
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 04:26:52 PM »

I went to Las Vegas in the summer once.  Unbearable.  Even at night it was boiling on the strip.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 09:26:36 PM »

I went to Vegas myself as well as several other places "out west" and found it to be hot but not unbearable.
There is hardly any humidity.

But Death Valley... man, that was a whole other animal.
You couldn't even open your eyes because the wind would push the heat into them and make your eyes water.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 05:20:14 PM »

I went to Vegas myself as well as several other places "out west" and found it to be hot but not unbearable.
There is hardly any humidity.

Yeah, humidity is a big factor as well. Here in New York, it never gets that hot in summer but the humidity is so high it feels much hotter than it is. And with all that moisture in the air it just becomes muggy.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 06:43:13 AM »

Yes, humidity is a bitch. Last weekend we were cleaning out our garage/storage rooms and it was at least 90 on Saturday (slightly cooler on Sunday) and that was decidedly awful. At least with dry heat you don't sweat like a hog.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM