Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 10:11:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Dead Pit (1989)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dead Pit (1989)  (Read 864 times)
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2009, 04:25:56 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122037/

After sadistically torturing and murdering who knows how many patients of a mental institution, Dr. Ramzi, an otherwise brilliant doctor (yet clearly crazier that all the patients of the institution together), is killed by his colleague Dr. Gerald Swan, and sealed in his hell-basement. 20 years later an earthquake cracks the seal and the doctor (with most of his former patients) is ready to resume the position he had a few decades earlier...

It flashed me the other day while I was watching Session 9 that I saw something similar before, about a mental institution, and after a quick research I found out this was the movie I was looking for. It's a indie zombie flick from the late 80s, released at the time directly on VHS, and also first movie directed by Brett Leonard (The Lawnmower Man, Virtuosity, Hideaway). Though there are other elements that are present it is mostly a zombie flick, and I don't have to tell you what that means, especially if we know it was from the cheesy early handycam era of the 80s. (Yeah, a lot of foul wavering zombies going around mumbling what nobody can understand.)

I won't lie to you, it's full of cliches and it's redundant at times, but it's also gory, atmospheric and dark. I'm no fan nor expert, but I'd say this is a s good as these type of flicks come. It could be that it's just the nostalgia kicking in but I watched it again today after quite a few years and it was an entertaining experience.

6.5/10

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM