Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 07:48:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "Henry Fonda never played a murderer in his entire career".
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Henry Fonda never played a murderer in his entire career".  (Read 2482 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2009, 03:54:46 PM »

This was written by Jerry Lewis in his book on his pardner Dean and Me: A Love Story published in 2005. It testifies indirectly about the soundness of the choice of Leone for the role of Frank.

P.S. Lewis also says he's faster on the draw than Eastwood, Arness and the Duke.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »

This was written by Jerry Lewis in his book on his pardner Dean and Me: A Love Story published in 2005. It testifies indirectly about the soundness of the choice of Leone for the role of Frank.

P.S. Lewis also says he's faster on the draw than Eastwood, Arness and the Duke.

Did he mean before OUTITW?

He did play an outlaw in Fire Creek.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 08:37:40 PM »

Did he mean before OUTITW?

He did play an outlaw in Fire Creek.

He means what I wrote in the title. Funny thing is that he makes a note of it, to explain the "absurdity" of what he said to Dean Martin who was riled at him for having turned off his tv set while he was watching a movie and about to know who the murderer was. Jerry told him it was Henry Fonda (knowing it wasn't true) and then he adds the note I quoted to let the not-knowledgeable-about-movies reader get the funny of it all. Had he not made the note or specified that at the time of that episode Fonda had never played a murderer he would have been right; but of course one is left to wonder where does Jerry's  certainty come from. Maybe he's really sure of having seen all the Fonda's movies. In that case I wonder if a copy of OUTW could be sent to him and a record of his face watching Fonda's entrance made.

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:27:35 AM »

I loathed FIRECREEK but didn't he murder in that as well (playing a heavy)?

Jerry Lewis was very fast on the draw.
I guess he learned it from Sammy Davis jr. who himself was super-fast. I have both on videotape.

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM