Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 06:32:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Marilyn Monroe
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marilyn Monroe  (Read 6351 times)
kjrwe
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2017, 09:42:48 PM »

RIVER OF NO RETURN was pure crap

I like the fact that this movie was filmed in the Canadian Rockies, just a few hours away from my city.  Smiley

Even to this day, when I occasionally visit the Rockies, I see pics there of Marilyn when she was working on this movie. For some reason, they don't have any of the male cast - just of Marilyn. These pics are framed and hung up in various places.

But the movie itself is very, very weak and not too memorable. Eye candy, mostly.

greenbudgie
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2017, 06:09:58 AM »

You are lucky to be able to visit the Canadian Rockies. They look an amazing site in this movie.

I was saying on a 'River Of No Return' thread on the other film boards on here (good board for westerns) that Marilyn looked a bit too fey to survive the wilderness. But she makes a good saloon singer in this. She could certainly put over a song and the three that she sings in this are catchy. It's great to hear that she is a tourist attraction in the Rockies.

kjrwe
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »

You are lucky to be able to visit the Canadian Rockies. They look an amazing site in this movie.

I was saying on a 'River Of No Return' thread on the other film boards on here (good board for westerns) that Marilyn looked a bit too fey to survive the wilderness. But she makes a good saloon singer in this. She could certainly put over a song and the three that she sings in this are catchy. It's great to hear that she is a tourist attraction in the Rockies.

I don't know if she's really a tourist attraction for the Rockies, but the info is out there that she was there in the fifties.

Here is an article from a few years ago (major news station in Canada) about the 60th anniversary of Marilyn in one of the towns in the Rockies. And I have no idea how (on this site) to set it up so that you can click directly on it. Sorry, but you might have to copy and paste.

Come and visit the Rockies sometime! Fly to the City of Calgary, rent a car, and drive to Banff. From there, you can see the Rockies by doing the Banff-Jasper drive (takes about 4 to 5 hours). If you have a lot of time, arrange the trip so you're doing very little driving but a lot of sightseeing each day.

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/jasper-remembers-marilyn-monroe-1.1336637

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2017, 03:43:38 AM »

I used to spend quite a bit of time around Fernie on the West side of Crow's Nest Pass.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
greenbudgie
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2017, 06:00:39 AM »

Thanks kjrwe for the link to the Jasper article. Nice stills shot of Marilyn on there. According to the article she seems to have been very sociable.

kjrwe
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2017, 02:55:42 AM »

I used to spend quite a bit of time around Fernie on the West side of Crow's Nest Pass.

Neat! I've never been there.

By the way, I just saw her in How to Marry a Millionaire tonight. It's a film which I can watch over and over again.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM