Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 10:07:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Preparati la bara! aka Get the Coffin Ready/Viva Django (1968)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Preparati la bara! aka Get the Coffin Ready/Viva Django (1968)  (Read 8883 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 12:04:20 PM »

This DVD is now available from independent sellers on UK Amazon.I just picked up my copy for less than a five pound from a  US seller i buy regularly from and i expect them to quickly relist this as normal so keep your eyes peeled.I've been meaning to pick this up for ages now and i think i'll make my next purchase $10,000 Blood Money where the great Gianni Garko plays Django.

What was the sellers name for this one. I have been meaning  to upgrade my vhs version for awhile. Is it jerksi?

By the way for those who are interested Jerksi had "Sonny and Jed" most recently as one of his films you can purchase. I have yet to see it and really want to. I hear the morricone soundtrack is great.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 07:34:07 AM »

No its one of the UK sellers,i'll let you know as soon as i see it listed again Firecracker.
Sonny & Jed is high up on my wanted list and i'll have to have a look at Jerksi's DVD!

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 03:44:28 AM »

Here's Silenzio's  review of Viva Django:-

Viva Django The only unofficial Django sequel that actually acknowledges the existance of the first film.  It has Terence Hill (looking a lot like Franco Nero) in the role.  This is, by far, the most  badass i've ever seen Hill (though I haven't seen God Forgives, I Don't yet).  Just take a look at the scene **SPOILERS** when Django shoots down all of Horst Frank's men in the burning saloon.  If that's not badass, I don't know what it is. **SPOILERS END** The music is great, and very, very catchy.  It's pretty good.  Not many surprises, but it's quite well made.  It's now tied with Django the Bastard for my favorite "sequel."

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 01:00:16 PM »

Arizona Colts review:-

DJANGO, GET A COFFIN READY- 1968-Comic book prequel to DJANGO has Terence Hill taking over for Franco Nero. However, Nero was supposed to star to finish out his three picture deal that included DJANGO and TEXAS ADIOS. Hill does a good job of it and seems more at home playing solo than his frequent collaborator Bud Spencer. Here, we learn what happened to Django’s wife and where he got the gatling gun. Director Ferdinando Baldi shoots the film at a rapid pace and none of the scenes have much impact when they should such as the fateful encounter with Django and the bad guys. Probably the best of all the sequels and one of a few that acknowledge the original film. Frequent script writer and actor George Eastman (Luigi Montefiore) would go on to an illustrious career in exploitation films.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 01:48:07 PM »

Preparati la bara! is not only the unofficial sequel/prequel to Sergio Corbucci's Django but also feels like the unofficial quasi-remake/sequel of Robert Aldrich's The Dirty Dozen > Django, like Reisman from TDD, saves a bunch of no-good bastards that are about to be hanged and then they screw him over while in mission. lol, smart little fella, don't you think?

I agree this might be Hill's best non-slapstick role, he carried on Franco Nero's character really well, and looked a lot like him too, only sometimes seemed too stiff. It's a good SW, not great, the interior (talking) scenes sometimes feel rudimentary, but I expected it to be a lot worse. I don't think anybody mentioned the fighting scene when the bandits are attacking the wagon full of gold? It's bloody excellent. Bloody and excellent to be precise.

7.1/10

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM