Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 06:19:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Who's the better host - AngelEyes or Stevens?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's the better host - AngelEyes or Stevens?  (Read 7322 times)
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2004, 06:54:44 AM »

Leone obviously loved to eat, just look at any pictures of him.  He was probably pretty hungry on the set of GBU because he included quite a few dining scenes.  A lot of movies have connected sex and violence, but Leone is again a groundbreaker in connecting FOOD and violence (ok, maybe Cagney with the grapefruit, but I digress).

You'll notice that Stevens didn't offer AngelEyes a cocktail with his meal, whereas AngelEyes offers his good friend Tuco the entire bottle.  Major breach of etiquette by Stevens, so he deserves to be shot.  Now Tuco was a total pig at the table, and it was obvious that AngelEyes was disgusted by his lack of manners.  So he calls in his butler Wallace to teach Tuco a few lessons.

I think I'll start using Sergio's methods next Thanksgiving.  I'll bring Kermit along to straighten out my obnoxious brother-in-law - start playing your organ when I light my pipe!

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
KERMIT
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 04:02:01 PM »

"story of a soldier" played on a  hammond B-3 ?  it's nothing, we'll scare the hell out of him general.  lol

« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 02:57:19 AM by KERMIT » Logged
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 09:47:54 PM »

A B-3 buzzing in the background is very good for the digestion  Grin

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
KERMIT
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 03:21:46 AM »

interresting how leone fuses food with violins...i  mean violence. the're seems to be a violence w/ etiqutte. when guys get shot it's like a ballet.

angeleyes turns his head offering tuco the bottle of wine.  interresting to see "the bad" discusted with the "ugly's" table maners. and that look on tuco's face when angeleyes slaps him on his back making his way to the window to light his pipe. time for some eye gouging "good treatment."  Tongue

« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 03:03:13 AM by KERMIT » Logged
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 04:40:30 AM »

Leone obviously loved to eat, just look at any pictures of him.  He was probably pretty hungry on the set of GBU because he included quite a few dining scenes.  A lot of movies have connected sex and violence, but Leone is again a groundbreaker in connecting FOOD and violence (ok, maybe Cagney with the grapefruit, but I digress).

You'll notice that Stevens didn't offer AngelEyes a cocktail with his meal, whereas AngelEyes offers his good friend Tuco the entire bottle.  Major breach of etiquette by Stevens, so he deserves to be shot.  Now Tuco was a total pig at the table, and it was obvious that AngelEyes was disgusted by his lack of manners.  So he calls in his butler Wallace to teach Tuco a few lessons.

I think I'll start using Sergio's methods next Thanksgiving.  I'll bring Kermit along to straighten out my obnoxious brother-in-law - start playing your organ when I light my pipe!

Before you start playing that track, ask him "Have you seen GBU?"  If he answers affirmatively, start playing the track, and hopefully he'll be scared out of his wits. Tongue

I'd rather have Stevens as a host though, since he didn't beat the crap out of Angel Eyes. Grin

Saturday nights with Groggy
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 01:32:39 PM »

I don't know how thrilled I'd be about a dinner invitation to the Stevens household.  Leftover stew, no liquor in the house, and his kids are running around with loaded shotguns.  But I'd accept - his wife is hot!

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 03:56:44 PM »

I don't know how thrilled I'd be about a dinner invitation to the Stevens household.  Leftover stew, no liquor in the house, and his kids are running around with loaded shotguns.  But I'd accept - his wife is hot!

Okay . . .  Wink

Saturday nights with Groggy
KERMIT
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2004, 12:30:23 AM »

nice family

« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 02:03:12 AM by KERMIT » Logged
mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2004, 11:20:26 AM »

hmm well if you don't want the crap beatin out of you stevens....

i like big fat men like you. when they fall they make more noise.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 05:34:41 PM »

I dunno . . . the question is, is the better food worth the beating from Angel Eyes? I'd say yes, just try not to offend him.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 08:50:10 PM »

I dunno . . . the question is, is the better food worth the beating from Angel Eyes? I'd say yes, just try not to offend him.

But you only get Mario Brega as something to look at and no Chelo Alonso Sad

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »

But you only get Mario Brega as something to look at and no Chelo Alonso Sad

( shudders )

definitely not something you want to look at.

Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 06:26:52 PM »

Well Angel Eyes offered Tuco, Stevens didn't - AE had to help himself. So I'd go with AE.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 07:02:51 PM »

Well Angel Eyes offered Tuco, Stevens didn't - AE had to help himself. So I'd go with AE.

Yea AE

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tex
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »

Alright then, who's the better guest? Tuco or Angel Eyes?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM