Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 03:46:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Cine-Goggles
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cine-Goggles  (Read 878 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2009, 03:39:10 AM »

I think we are all familiar with the term "Beer Goggles",  those women who look good when we are drunk,  basically when we are wearing the "Beer Goggles", that when you wake up next to them in the morning aren't quite the same.

There is something similar I suspect going on in Cinema with actresses, those actresses that think (themselves) that they are hot or that others consider hot that just don't register on your personal "hottie" meter.

First classic specimen for an example is:

Shelley Winters WTF to hear her tell the story she slept with everyone who was anyone in Hollywood, all I've ever considered her is your typical plump, dumpy looking broad with a chalk scratching the blackboard voice.  As an actress she was ok and believable but not a hottie.  Maybe I've just never seen a film of hers that makes me think otherwise.

Discuss and feel free to add images and others to the list.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 03:54:44 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 06:48:55 AM »

Well there is of course the possbility that Winters had a charm and magneticism in real-life that doesn't necessarily come across on-screen. I find myself attracted to film and TV actresses less and less but often fall for girls who are not exactly supermodel material. And yes, this is indeed relevant if you're chattering about "If she's ugly how'd she get boned so many times?"

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM