Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 11:56:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Leone Westerns playing this weekend
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leone Westerns playing this weekend  (Read 3220 times)
lahiredgun
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:42:42 PM »

Anyone going to the Egyptian Theatre thhis weekend in Hollywood?  Double feature with FFOD and FFDM on 01-28-10, GBU is playing on 01-29-10, and OUTITW is playing on 01-30-10.  I'm excited to be able to see the films on the big screen for the first time.  I will be at the double feature because I work the other days.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »

Man, would I like to be there...

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 03:53:39 PM »

We'd love to but very little of us live anywhere near Hollywood.

Whalestoe can try to make it.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
lahiredgun
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 12:30:41 AM »

Just got home about 30 minutes ago.  It's been about 4 years since I last saw FFOD.  I own it on DVD along with Leone's other westerns but I just haven't watched it over the last few years.  The film on the big screen is so much better.  It was almost like watching it for the first time.  Looking up at the big screen gave me a different perspective than looking across the room at my medium sized TV.  The wife kind of enjoyed it as well.  I'm trying to get her into the Leone westerns but she is resistant.  Wish I was off the next few days so I could catch GBU and OUTITW.

Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 03:55:03 AM »

Just got home about 30 minutes ago.  It's been about 4 years since I last saw FFOD.  I own it on DVD along with Leone's other westerns but I just haven't watched it over the last few years.  The film on the big screen is so much better.  It was almost like watching it for the first time.  Looking up at the big screen gave me a different perspective than looking across the room at my medium sized TV.  The wife kind of enjoyed it as well.  I'm trying to get her into the Leone westerns but she is resistant.  Wish I was off the next few days so I could catch GBU and OUTITW.
Thanks for your post. Would be nice if you could make it to OUITW:  it must be the restored version (thanks to Scorsese). Let us know if you manage to watch it and give us your comments on the restored version. In any case thanks! Smiley

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 04:13:46 PM »

How many were in attendance?

lahiredgun
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 01:36:20 AM »

I couldn't make it to any of the other films because I had to work.  I'm fortunate to be fairly close (little under 30 miles) to the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood.  They show Leone's westerns about once a year. 

I'd say about 75-100 people attended the show.  Most seemed to really enjoy the film with an applause at the end.  Someting very rare with new releases in theatres I normally attend.  There was also an applause during the opening credits when Leone's name appeared.       

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »

I couldn't make it to any of the other films because I had to work.  I'm fortunate to be fairly close (little under 30 miles) to the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood.  They show Leone's westerns about once a year. 

I'd say about 75-100 people attended the show.  Most seemed to really enjoy the film with an applause at the end.  Someting very rare with new releases in theatres I normally attend.  There was also an applause during the opening credits when Leone's name appeared.       
I've experienced an applause to a new release only once, a midnight screening of Sweeney Todd.

How was the print they showed?

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM