Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 10:52:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "Deadwood" (2004-2006)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Deadwood" (2004-2006)  (Read 24259 times)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2006, 09:26:24 PM »

I dont think so, al and bullock joined forces in season2. and I think it'll stay that way as long as hearst is in the camp.

That's true but it's an unstable alliance. Hearst will fall eventually just like his associate from last season ( forgot his name, refresh my memory. He's the one who hung himself at the end of last season. ). Then Swearengen will become the top boss again, regain his power hunger and will have to face off against Bullock.

I also think the show should end when the railroad comes to Deadwood. Once the railroad comes, the towns become civilized and spells the end for corrupt town bosses like Swearengen ( but usher in railroad bosses like Morton ).

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 09:49:22 PM »

yea, that would be a nice ending, but I'm afraid there' some bad news:

www.savedeadwood.tv

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 09:59:40 PM »

yea, that would be a nice ending, but I'm afraid there' some bad news:

www.savedeadwood.tv

Oh man! That sucks! I love that show.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2006, 02:18:46 AM »

Not that I care much for the show but jeez you cant just rip it off the airwaves unfinished! That is stupidity. Its telling an ongoing story now a resolution must be made.

Also  Amaze, I will be taking your advice and rent the first season of the show to see if it sparks any interest in me. However from what I have seen so far I seriously doubt it.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 12:09:36 PM »

Not that I care much for the show but jeez you cant just rip it off the airwaves unfinished! That is stupidity. Its telling an ongoing story now a resolution must be made.

It's a trend now. The only tv shows that can survive on the airways nowadays are sh*tty reality shows. If a show has quality or if it's cerebral it will immiediately be taken off the air because executives think that the American public are nothing more than mindless drones who crave anything that they put out.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 01:45:35 PM »

yea, but that usually only applies to the network channels, this time it's hbo!

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 03:57:04 PM »

From my reading of Variety and the NYT, that website is a little out of date and HBO have re-comissioned Deadwood  Smiley

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2006, 05:59:39 PM »

From my reading of Variety and the NYT, that website is a little out of date and HBO have re-comissioned Deadwood  Smiley

I read that article in the Times but that was printed last week. I think this HBO crisis just happened, but I may be wrong.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2006, 08:00:31 PM »

it's been going on since may, but very little has been confirmed officially, both the positive and negative. me personally, I'm happy to see that we'll get an ending to the series, but I don't like being robbed of a whole season, cut down to 4 hours. david milch planned 4 full seasons.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2006, 08:33:17 PM »

it's been going on since may, but very little has been confirmed officially, both the positive and negative. me personally, I'm happy to see that we'll get an ending to the series, but I don't like being robbed of a whole season, cut down to 4 hours. david milch planned 4 full seasons.

At this point, any ending to the series is good enough for me.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2006, 02:59:43 PM »

I'm on holiday at the mo but I think last weeks Variety (which is at home) said all the mess was cleared up. The problem is with The Sopranos now.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2006, 03:41:36 PM »

I'm on holiday at the mo but I think last weeks Variety (which is at home) said all the mess was cleared up. The problem is with The Sopranos now.

I hope the mess is cleared up. And I can't wait to see the Deadwood movies. In the NYT article, David Milch claimed that several plot possibilities for the movies are a huge town fire or a flood.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2006, 09:03:10 PM »

cool, I think the real-life deadwood had a town fire in it's early days, that's how the gem theatre came about.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2006, 11:09:59 PM »

cool, I think the real-life deadwood had a town fire in it's early days, that's how the gem theatre came about.

That's what Milch said. There was a flood in the real Deadwood too. As a matter of fact, most of the characters in the show are real-life people such as Al Swearengen and Seth Bullock. Kalamity Jane, Wildbill Hikock, and Jack McCall are pretty obvious but I always thought the other characters were ficticious.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2006, 11:51:47 PM »

yea, but I like how milch gave the characters their own life instead of trying to be like their real-life counterparts. to the dismay of others I suppose.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM