Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 06:08:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "Deadwood" (2004-2006)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Deadwood" (2004-2006)  (Read 24337 times)
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 12:17:28 PM »

Must see this show.
Im without Satellite. so maybe the upcoming season 1 DVD will be in store.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 10:12:33 AM »

I think season 2 begins tonight on hbo

Jack of Hearts
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 06:25:33 AM »

Has anyone purchased Deadwood Season 2 (region 2) yet?  I have watched all 12 episodes and am desperate to watch them with the audio commentary by cast and crew, but can't find the link on the disc!  The commentaries are listed on the DVD box but do not seem to appear anywhere in any menu list.  Am I missing something?  I can only think that they are not on the Region 2 DVD, but if not, why would they be listed as an extra?  I have noticed that when the Region 1 set comes out it will consist of 6 discs not the four for the European release, and have documentaries, so I suppose that might have something to do with it. 

Any suggestions gratefully received! 

Jack

Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 04:09:12 PM »

so, season 3 has started. what did you think?
to me it started off slow, but the latter half picked up the pace and I think we'll see a lot of violence in the coming episodes.

*SPOILER WARNING*

I thought it was pretty hilarious when bullock beat the crap out of farnum. not sure what hearst did to make him flip tho, I have to rewatch the episode.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 11:47:25 PM »

Amaze: what little gunplay there is in this show(if any) is it well done? is it gritty and violent? I'm picturing the climax to "Open Range" here...am I close? Throw me a bone here Smiley

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 12:07:28 AM »

uhm, never seen open range but there quite a few murders but theres only one real standoff that I can remember. so if you're looking for a show with a final standoff at the end of each episode you might want to look elsewhere. is it violent? very much so. guys get shot, women get beaten, heads get bashed, guts gets stabbed and corpses get fed to the pigs. but like I said, if you're looking for a bloody "bonanza" this ain't it.

maybe you can rent the season1 box set, give it a whirl. I'd say if you dont like it after the four first episodes then forget it.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 01:19:34 AM »

maybe you can rent the season1 box set, give it a whirl. I'd say if you dont like it after the four first episodes then forget it.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. But as for  the episodes Ive seen its "all bark and no bite".

Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 02:02:26 AM »

do you recall what events took place in the episodes you saw? I expect they were from the 2nd season. and most people seem to agree that it was inferior to the 1st.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 03:03:34 AM »

do you recall what events took place in the episodes you saw? I expect they were from the 2nd season. and most people seem to agree that it was inferior to the 1st.

I seem to recall the character on your avatar having recently being beaten to a pulp what with all the bruises and lumps on his face(great make-up). Then he receives a blow-job from some prostitute while Calamity Jane is outside yelling at him "****sucker this ****sucker that". With all the yelling going on I figured there would be some gunplay but it never happened. The prostitute finises him off and he goes outside to yell back at Calamity Jane and then all is well in Deadwood. Smiley

The other episode(which was the one right after the one I just described) I dont recall very well.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 05:21:46 AM »

yea that was the "explosive" opening of the 2nd season that lead to nothing, so I see where you're coming from.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 06:01:31 AM »

Thats my only gripe, lack of gunplay, too bad, its gritty enough, and the sets are great.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 04:44:16 AM »

trailer for the next episode is up at hbo.com now. looks like al took one to the head.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 04:27:03 PM »

I've only recently given this show my full attention and I love it! Can't wait to sit down and watch many more episodes.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 05:20:36 PM »

I've only recently given this show my full attention and I love it! Can't wait to sit down and watch many more episodes.

Me too, Deadwood is a great show. It's second only to The Prisoner on my favorite tv shows list. I really want the series to end with Bullock ( the sheriff ) and Swerengen confronting each other. It's as if the show is setting this battle up.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 08:56:51 PM »

I dont think so, al and bullock joined forces in season2. and I think it'll stay that way as long as hearst is in the camp.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM