Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 04:04:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Does someone can help me?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does someone can help me?  (Read 3248 times)
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2004, 03:44:55 AM »

I would like to know why did Harmonica (Bronson) is so bad with Jill (Cardinal) when they are in the horse room, just before he kills men? I never understand that. I supose it's to say that he is not a very good man, like in all Leone's westerns (Eastwood in GBU) but I'm not sure so HELP ME PLEASE  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 03:57:37 AM »

correct me if im wrong...and im sure theres a number of ways to read this!
i think theres an aggressive sexual attraction between harmonica and jill and hes trying to exert his dominance over her.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 04:23:38 AM »

The reason is because by tearing her clothes and then sending her to the well, it looks as if the two of them have just had a quick session in the hay. This means Frank's men assume his guard is down, and ride straight up, allowing Harmonica to take the by surprise. You'll notice while he's tearing the clothes, he's not looking at Jill, he keeps glancing outside. He's watching the two men. But also, I guess the reason he does it so roughly and without an explanation is to show his nastier side.

It's class.
Jon
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 11:43:08 AM »

Well,it's an interesting scene whichever way you look at it,it took me a while to realise it was meant as a distraction.I think Harmonica is also showing power over Jill,he could 'do it' if he wanted to.Funny how Harmonica is the man she seems to have most feelings for....

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 03:03:14 PM »

Redeye, that's a good take on it, never thought of it that way before.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 07:40:07 AM »

Don't forget the famous missing scene!!!!!

The sheriff and his men were searching for Harmonica, and when they found him, they beated him (the famous and mysterious scar on Harmonica's face).

Maybe Harmonica is mad after Jill because he thinks she was the one to accuse him with the sheriff.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 09:00:16 AM »

yes, it may be a solution. Thank you ... Wink

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
Rblondie
Bandido

Lincoln's grandfather

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2004, 09:37:20 AM »

Also remember Harmonica's only motivation is his determination to get Frank at any lengths. Consider the way he treats Wobbles with such ferocity and the way he stresses with emotion, "I didn't let them kill him and that's not the same thing!"

Rblondie
Bandido

Lincoln's grandfather

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2004, 09:42:51 AM »

It is logical to assume, if one did not know about the deleted beating scene, that Harmonica's scar came from the shot that Jill took at him when he lit the match.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM