Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2018, 03:39:49 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Kick-Ass (2010)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Kick-Ass (2010)  ( 4686 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« : April 17, 2010, 06:23:56 AM »

Let's get started with some of the reviews (although IMO people should see the film before reading any reviews):

http://cinema.thedigitalfix.co.uk/content/id/72365/kick-ass.html
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1637166/story.jhtml

Bottom line: this is a very, very entertaining film.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« #1 : April 17, 2010, 07:42:45 AM »

The instant 8.4 on IMDb indicates this is not very likely to be my kind of stuff.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #2 : April 17, 2010, 09:24:32 AM »

The instant 8.4 on IMDb indicates this is not very likely to be my kind of stuff.
Well, sometimes the dipsh*t fanboys are right (as they are this time). If you like Tarantino films even a little, you should like this.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #3 : April 17, 2010, 09:26:49 AM »

The first trailers made it look okay, but everything I've read about it since has put me off seeing it. Maybe I'll change my mind if I get really bored.

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #4 : April 17, 2010, 12:18:37 PM »

Well, you're not much of a Tarantino fan, anyway.

This is kinda amusing: http://www.armchaircommentary.com/2010/04/nicolas-cage-vs-adam-west-batman-trivia.html

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #5 : April 17, 2010, 01:11:05 PM »

I don't slavishly lick QT's boots, if that's what you mean.

But either way, I don't see how that has any bearing on a film that's not directed by Tarantino.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #6 : April 17, 2010, 01:42:30 PM »

You didn't read the articles I linked to. The lede in the second one was "Sitting through "Kick-Ass" is like seeing a Tarantino movie for the first time." I think that's a pretty fair assessment.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #7 : May 15, 2010, 06:45:23 PM »

Kick-Ass 8/10

Man my brother got back in town and my mom decided we needed to go to the movies as a family.  This looked dumb as hell but it was actually just really entertaining.  Off-beat humor juxtaposed with just shocking, over-the-top violence.  No substance at all but there's no substance in anything nowadays, so what the hell.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #8 : August 05, 2010, 02:43:54 PM »

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Kick-Ass-Blu-ray/11711/#Review

This is the right way to package home video releases: the Blu-ray comes bundled with a DVD disc and a disc with digital copy.

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #9 : September 07, 2010, 04:21:53 PM »

Dude! I can NOT believe none of U douche bags have seen KICK-ASS!! It like, totally rules! It's about this nerd dude, who, like, reads comic books and jacks off 30 times a day 'n shit, but gives it all up to become a super hero called KICK-ASS!! This movie rocks!!

OK, I can't carry on writing in that tiresome style, but why does KICK ASS need a thread of its own on the Leone forum? Well, if nothing else because during one of the scenes of bloody mayhem perpetuated by one of the other super heroes in town, 11 year old Hit-Girl, the film uses the title music from FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE composed by one E. Morricone.

While director Matthew Vaughn never quotes Leone visually, he often recalls the kind of hyper Kurasawa kineticism seen through KILL BILL VOLUME 1's prism. KICK ASS is effortlessly entertaining nonsense with laugh out loud dialogue and the sort of idiotically funny violence only an 11 year old girl could get away with inflicting. Even Nicholas Cage manages not to be massively irritating for the first time in possibly, oooooh.... a decade? This is one movie I am looking forward to seeing the sequel for. Hell, it was even filmed here in the UK.

Brit Art Roolz

« : September 07, 2010, 04:26:26 PM Juan Miranda »

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #10 : September 07, 2010, 04:41:57 PM »

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=8911.0

Pwned.

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #11 : September 07, 2010, 04:50:41 PM »

Didn't show up on the search engine, not surprising really... My thread roolz! Mods, delete that other thread.

« : September 07, 2010, 06:14:21 PM Juan Miranda »

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« #12 : September 08, 2010, 03:28:20 AM »

Merged.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #13 : September 08, 2010, 07:23:43 AM »

Merged.

Booooooo!

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #14 : September 10, 2010, 12:37:58 PM »

Glad you liked Kick-Ass, Juan. I found it quite funny myself.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines