Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:33:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Seven Guns for Timothy (AKA Seven Magnificent Guns) (1966)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seven Guns for Timothy (AKA Seven Magnificent Guns) (1966)  (Read 2223 times)
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2010, 03:10:46 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060965/

This is the first SW directed by Romolo Guerreri’s, and despite not being anything exceptional I found it being both watchable and entertaining. It starts with a group of Mexican bandits from Rodrigo Rodrigez’s (Fernando Sancho) gang killing all the workers in a gold mine, except for Corky the foreman ( Poldo Bendandi). The mine is owned by Timothy Benson (Sean Flynn), a very mild-mannered lawyer who does not believe in violence. Corky, a former sergeant during the American Civil War, knows that using the law against Rodrigo is useless (Rodrigo owns the law in that area) and more suitable approach would be fighting back. Therefore, Corky goes out and recruits five former buddies who are good with guns, knives, wrestling/boxing, etc.

This is an American-style SW, and the plot is far from original. However, and without being a comedy, there is quite a bit of humour involved. Fernando Sancho plays a very good role impersonating the very amoral Rodrigo. The rest of the actors are OK, but the movie does not give them too many opportunities to excel. The music is below average but catchy.

Something to watch when there is nothing better around.

5.5/10

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:33:43 PM by Bandolero » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM