Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 07:47:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Vice of Killing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Vice of Killing  (Read 5530 times)
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2004, 03:36:27 PM »

Kind of stumped about what to say on the subject, but it's an ultracool name of a song on the soundtrack and thought it makes a good topic name.  FAFDM deserves a fresh topic every month.  I think VOK is the  background music after Blondie kills the 3 henchmen during the diversion while the madman Indio robs the Bank of El Pason.

Maybe it's just me but isn't killing a little harsher than a mere vice, maybe more along the lines of Mortal Sin or something?  Vice of Killing makes it sound like a nasty little habit like smoking.  But then, in a Leone movie it usually is.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 04:11:19 PM »

Kind of stumped about what to say on the subject, but it's an ultracool name of a song on the soundtrack and thought it makes a good topic name.  FAFDM deserves a fresh topic every month.  I think VOK is the  background music after Blondie kills the 3 henchmen during the diversion while the madman Indio robs the Bank of El Pason.

Maybe it's just me but isn't killing a little harsher than a mere vice, maybe more along the lines of Mortal Sin or something?  Vice of Killing makes it sound like a nasty little habit like smoking.  But then, in a Leone movie it usually is.

With Indio?  Hell yes, it is.

Saturday nights with Groggy
KERMIT
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 10:15:36 AM »

THE VICE OF KILLING!! that title always stuck in my crawl to.  just listened to it on  legendary italian westerns vol. 2.

VOK seems a very slowed down meloncoly version of the same score used when il indio & gang are hell bent for leather riding their horses. to my ears, VOK sounds like a mix of goodby, colonel and possibly begginings of what morricone would use for the lust for gold.  

sounds like VOK would have made a great title for a lesser known spaghetti film.  maybe, THE VICE OF VENGEANCE !!

but vice of killing ?  killing, to il indio was simply a bad habit ?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 11:59:03 AM by KERMIT » Logged
visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 03:46:08 AM »

actually, Vice Of Killing,  as it appears on the soundtrack, is the piece used when Volonte sends Eastwood riding into town to make sure it's okay, only to run into Lee Van Cleef shooting apples from a tree.

So maybe the "Vice" had somesthing to do with apples.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 09:30:46 AM »

Yes, along with a small snippet just after the safe is taken from Bank of El Paso.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 07:30:10 PM »

This has always been one of my favorite Morricone songs. It is played just after the safe is stolen from El Paso -- as the gang rides outta town. Also  when Eastwood is riding alone into Agua Caliente

AWESOME SONG  Afro

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
sargatanas
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 03:21:42 AM »

This has always been one of my favorite Morricone songs. It is played just after the safe is stolen from El Paso -- as the gang rides outta town. Also  when Eastwood is riding alone into Agua Caliente

AWESOME SONG  Afro
same here. liller tune that captures the moment  Afro

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM