Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 01:09:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Proposition (2005)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Proposition (2005)  (Read 34288 times)
HEX
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 09:56:14 AM »

i dont see anything in the link Cry

Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 03:28:45 AM »

That's kinda weird, I do...

But hey, if anything's messed up due to some to me unknown reason, I'm truly sorry and I bow my head in humiliation.

Just wanna see the flick as soon as possible - BTW: Cave stated that writing a screenplay is way easier than writing a song - he just does it, without that much reflection. A healthy attitude in some ways, I suppose.

Reminds me of how Donati turned OUATIW into a working script in 3 weeks after Bertolucci, Argento and Leone had been rambling about references to other movies in no particular order. That's quite an achievement.

HEX
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 11:20:46 AM »

i dont see jack....

help me out here
what is the title?

HEX
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 08:06:45 PM »

OH HOW STUPID OF ME!
the proposition is the title.  Roll Eyes

sorry guys Grin

Walton
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2005, 02:24:34 AM »

Ok, this film has opened in Australia and I went to see it on the weekend. The good news - it does have a bit of a Leone-esque feel, probably more OUATITW than any of the other westerns. The production design and the cinematography are outstanding and the film is brutally violent. The casting, costumes and especially the casting of extras with distinctive faces is quite Leone-esque as well. It has a strong Australian flavour which resonates if you live here, but should carry pretty well overseas. John Hurt has a nice cameo as a twisted, nasty bounty hunter and Danny Huston is extraordinary. He manages to bring a depth and sense of enigma to his character that is not on the page. My criticisms of the film - which are pretty minor - are all to do with the script, not the filmaking. I don't want to ruin the film for anyone, though, so I'll keep quiet on this subject. Overall, I would think that fans of Leone and members of this board will find a lot to like in The Proposition and given the lack of new films in this genre, it is well worth a trip to the cinema to see, if only for the look of it, the cast, the locations and some pretty nasty, tough violence. 

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2005, 07:36:19 PM »

Bad news if you live in the UK, I've read today in NUDE MAGAZINE* that the movie's release has been postponed until "early next year". I don't know if this is the case world wide or just, as usual, in this country...

I've been a big fan of Nick Cave's work since his early band The Birthday Party, who I saw live in Glasgow way back in the very early '80's. The most violent gig I've been to, scary, deafening and thrilling all at once. I even met an old flame of his in London last month too, the still lovely Lydia Lunch.

Hope the release delay isn't due to some re-cutting or something?

*http://www.nudemagazine.co.uk/

« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 05:30:17 AM by Juan Miranda » Logged

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 04:47:50 AM »

And The Ass Saw The Angel written by Nick Cave (1990)

Anybody read this? Its Worth a look. Friend of mine lent me a copy a couple of years ago. Couldn't put it down.

Tells 100 years of history of a fictional american outpost (well it could be any world frontier if wasn't for the south west accents) Following a mute boy called Euchrid and his inslur family past and present. Lots of extreme religious imagery like spaghettis tend to dabble in.
Small charactor called 'Abie Poe' is self-made, gun-slinging, horse-riding, raving preacher.
His opening into town is quite ubsurd. All guns blazing, swiviling around on horseback on a special wooden cradle saddle-seat he designed himself.
Its all very spaghetti western. In that way, of Comic-macabre scenes to sublime moments of poetry.

Been waiting along time for the film.. hope its a gooden.

Link to the bfi london festival preview showings in october:
http://www.lff.org.uk/films_details.php?FilmID=809

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2005, 03:38:08 PM »

I have read And the ass saw the angel... it is a great story, couldn't put it down... abie poe is one of the best characters I've ever read about... the stuff in the old broken down church full of bums is great stuff as well.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 11:29:40 AM »

Actually i hope this new film triggers a more wildly available DVD release of Ghost and the Civil Dead (1988)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095217/
Hillcoat and Cave's previous film.. Only ever seen it once on Ch4 long time ago.
very hard to find outside of Australia. It could even be OOP now.
Blue Undergound should snatch it up. Who seem to be going through a Aussie film stint at the moment.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 04:04:39 AM »

I saw this advetsied during the LFF this year and wish I had gone to see it, I read mixed reviews of it though.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2006, 08:08:51 AM »

Ignore the reviews, the film's a great one. John Hurt is allowed to wolf down the scenery, never mind chew it, but he somehow "fits" due to some of the more baroque elements of the piece.

That pitiless, Assie light is quite unique, and it's nice to see flies used so well as "extras".

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2006, 05:52:28 PM »

As promised in "the lord of the flies" thread, here's some frame grabs from THE PROPOSITION.

Saint John Hurt of Kephalonia chomps on some scenery. As David Hockney said when he was sketching the poet W.H. Auden, "I began to think, if that's how wrinkled his face is, can you imagin what his balls must be like?"

Almost gothic imigary.

The incomprable Ray Winstone.

Leone like bit players and framing.

Guy Pearce is a cheeky Clint.

Dude!

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 07:23:21 PM by Juan Miranda » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2006, 05:55:53 PM »

As promised in "the lord of the flies" thread, here's some frame grabs from THE PROPOSITION.

Saint John Hurt of Kephalonia chomps of some scenery. As David Hockney said when he was sketching the poet W.H. Auden, "I began to think, if that's how wrinkled his face is, can you imagin what his balls must be like?"

Almost gothic imigary.

The incomprable Ray Winstone.

Leone like bit players and framing.

Guy Pearce is a cheeky Clint.

Dude!

Thanks to these screen shots(and Juan Miranda's "dude" comment) I will definatly see this film.

when is it out?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2006, 06:30:45 PM »

It opened in UK cinemas a couple of weeks ago. I dunno about the rest of the world?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2006, 06:33:22 PM »

It opened in UK cinemas a couple of weeks ago. I dunno about the rest of the world?

Last I heard it would be out in america this summer. I think I read that somewhere on the board... not sure.

What have the reviews been saying about it?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM