Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 06:41:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Any Gun Can Play aka Vado... l'ammazzo e torno (1967)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any Gun Can Play aka Vado... l'ammazzo e torno (1967)  (Read 16885 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2007, 04:20:20 PM »

Arizona Colts review:-

ANY GUN CAN PLAY- 1967-Master action director Enzo Castellari directs this comedy western starring George Hilton about three “friends” who reluctantly join forces to find a hidden cache of gold. Has its moments but just average western. If you’re a Hilton fan, you’ll want to see it.

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2009, 10:13:36 PM »

I wanted to see this SW for a long time, and I finally managed to do so a couple of days ago. I would say it is average but fun and worth watching.

The opening scene, where George Hilton kills the look-alikes of Manco, Colonel Mortimer and Django, is a good indication that the movie is lighthearted and not to be taken too seriously. There is a good combination of action, fun and wits.  And as usual, Francesco the Masi's score rocks.

I first thought that Hilton's role was a copy of Franco Nero's in movies like A Professional Gun, Compañeros, and Long Live Your Death. The scene when, disguised as a Franciscan priest, Hilton enters the prison to administer "confession" to Monetero, seems identical to the one in Long Live your Death, when Nero goes to administer "confession" disguised as a priest to Eli Wallach. However, I realized afterwards that Long Live your Death was made in 1971 and Any gun can play was made in 1967-68. This would indicate that actually Franco Nero's role was copied from Hilton's and not the other way around.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »

This is one great topic, lemme tell ya. 4 pages of discussion that include: various other directors, various other actors, various other SWs, DVDs, DVDs gone bad, DVD shops (going down), gays, gay undertones in SWs (and movies in general), gay couples, gay marriages and gay couples adopting children, etc. etc. There's even a few short reviews of the movie in question, but not one single rating. Cheesy

The movie's good, decent fun-ride, obviously if you don't take it too seriously. Castellari basically shows the cards in the beginning of the movie, no false pretensions, entertainment is the first command of the mission. The three leads don't shine but put on a good show, though George Hilton wins my heart having the displeasant assignment to utter the following (phantasmagoric) line: ''They call me The Stranger.'' Yeah, baby. What else, I don't know, I like the fights, the one in the bath house more than the others.

Slightly off-topic (Cheesy) but I think it's funny and worth it: one of Paco's (Riccardo Pizzuti) buddies that shows up on the wall near the end looks like the twin brother of the basketball player Emanuel Ginóbili, though he seems to be a little shorter, and right-handed.

6.7/10

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:17:39 PM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM