Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 11:45:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Scarlet Worm (2010)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Scarlet Worm (2010)  (Read 8703 times)
Col. Mortimer
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2010, 09:19:05 PM »

A new film in the Spaghetti Western vein is soon to be in production. It stars Spaghetti Western veterans Dan van Husen and Brett Halsey. The film is allowing anyone to become a part of it. You can support the film by simply making a donation on it's Kickstarter page. Great prizes are being offered for contributing. If you always wanted a film credit, now is your chance.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/966139435/feature-length-western-the-scarlet-worm

I am an artist and animator based in the New England area and primarily specialize in hand drawn and digital art as well as 2D animation.

www.youtube.com/kabukifilms
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 03:43:05 PM »

I don't understand what will happen if the amount of money needed for this isn't raised in given time?

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 03:45:23 PM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Col. Mortimer
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 05:38:21 PM »

I don't understand what will happen if the amount of money needed for this isn't raised in given time?

It's all or nothing. If the amount of money needed isn't raised in the given amount of time, the project won't be funded. If you donate, you will only be charged if funding is successful.

I am an artist and animator based in the New England area and primarily specialize in hand drawn and digital art as well as 2D animation.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 07:18:12 PM »

The title sounds like one Howard could have used for a Conan adventure.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 02:19:37 AM »

It's all or nothing. If the amount of money needed isn't raised in the given amount of time, the project won't be funded. If you donate, you will only be charged if funding is successful.

I wish you guys luck, needless to say. My opinion is that you should have done more promotion before starting this in all-or-nothing mode. If 2.500 bucks is all you need, for example starting at a place like Facebook would have given you the much needed tail wind. (No, in case you were wondering, I'm not in any way associated with them. Wink)

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 03:47:28 AM »

Its veiled anti abortion political propaganda check this out:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001466/board/thread/163165712?d=163165712&p=1#163165712

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:48:30 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 02:44:38 PM »

A 2.500 bucks SW is the best they could come up with in order to canalize their views on the issue?

Col. Mortimer
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 12:06:48 PM »

The clock is ticking (only about two days left to go). Show your support and become a part of the new Western THE SCARLET WORM!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/966139435/feature-length-western-the-scarlet-worm

Col. Mortimer
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »

Its veiled anti abortion political propaganda check this out:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001466/board/thread/163165712?d=163165712&p=1#163165712

The film is not anti-abortion propaganda. You haven't even read the script.

I don't have the script to send you (contrary to what you may think, I'm not the director or even the writer), but check this out:

http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000030/thread/163163109?d=164234179&p=1#164234179

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 03:21:16 AM »

It all got deleted on Imdb, lol, the jist of it was, (a poster named Paycal posted) that an aging gunfighter trains a young disciple to kill a meek brothel owner who performs abortions on his women. It sounds like a moronic juxtaposition of anti abortion propaganda and ridiculous storyline to me,  why would you need a trained gunfighter to kill a "meek" brothel owner.  

In reality, from the histories of brothels that I read the children born of prostitutes basically were reared to become prostitutes, so the guy would be aborting his future stock in trade, in fact the age of consent in New York State up until 1896 was 10.

Bahhhh!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 03:30:13 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Col. Mortimer
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 05:04:37 AM »

It all got deleted on Imdb, lol, the jist of it was, (a poster named Paycal posted) that an aging gunfighter trains a young disciple to kill a meek brothel owner who performs abortions on his women. It sounds like a moronic juxtaposition of anti abortion propaganda and ridiculous storyline to me,  why would you need a trained gunfighter to kill a "meek" brothel owner.  

I don't recall all the deleted comments, so I can't re-post them. However, the screenwriter himself has said to me that the film is not anti-abortion at all (it just happens to be about one isolated incident involving abortions). He said he is not interested in "message films". Another person who has read the script also commented on how he never would have expected people to infer such a message (based on the script, not the Kickstarter summary of course).

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 07:21:51 PM »

so you are not Paycal Huh?Huh

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 03:01:24 PM »

I have a part in this.
I also did some stunts and second unit directing.
There's a producer credit in there as well...

Here's the trailer after a short article.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2010/09/abortion-the-scarlet-worm.php

(catch me in the trailer. I pop up quite a bit).

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 05:59:29 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 04:53:17 PM »

I have a part in this.
I also did some stunts and second unit directing.
There's a producer credit in there as well...

So WTF are you doing here?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 05:57:44 PM »

So WTF are you doing here?

You think I've made a fortune or something?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM