Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 06:44:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Don Miguel Rojo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don Miguel Rojo  (Read 28721 times)
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2004, 04:53:26 AM »

Don Miguel is the only voice of reason in the Rojo household.  The poor old guy, it seems like every waking hour is spent restraining the violent passions of his brothers.  You can see the stress carved into his granite features.

It's a pity that a sage like Don Miguel had to be surrounded by hotheads like Ramon and Esteban.  My guess is that the three brothers inherited the Rojo family business from their father, and the ownership was then split into three equal shares - with Esteban on one side, Ramon on the other, and Don Miguel in the middle.  Bad management setup.  

In the Last Will and Testament of Padre Rojo, Don Miguel should have been appointed CEO of Rojo Tequila & Guns, LLC.  It could have forged ahead as a thriving enterprise well into the 21st Century.  Instead , it ended up as a pile of rotting corpses on a dusty street.  Oswald Spengler feared western civilazaton rushing into just this sort of destructive capitalism.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
KERMIT
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 09:20:43 AM »

don miguel rojo, RIP  Cry  
he's in a better place now........that is, if you call 8 feet of dirt a better place.  and for what ? so ramone could show off his rifle ? estaban is simply too painful to discuss. crazy mixed up kid with a serious wardrobe problem **the sombrero**!

it always goes that way for the DMR's of this world my friend. very sad indeed.   ramone might have concidered anger management, esteban, psycho analysis, but when a man w/ two psychopaths for brothers meets a man with no name, the man w/ no name will
always....well, you know the rest general.  

« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 09:25:38 PM by KERMIT » Logged
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 03:05:11 PM »

Wanted in fifteen counties of this state...the condemned sitting before us: Don Miguel Rojo (otherwise known as Benito Rojo - in Italian print).... Grin

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 04:53:26 PM »

Don Miguel is the only voice of reason in the Rojo household.  The poor old guy, it seems like every waking hour is spent restraining the violent passions of his brothers.  You can see the stress carved into his granite features.

It's a pity that a sage like Don Miguel had to be surrounded by hotheads like Ramon and Esteban.  My guess is that the three brothers inherited the Rojo family business from their father, and the ownership was then split into three equal shares - with Esteban on one side, Ramon on the other, and Don Miguel in the middle.  Bad management setup.  

In the Last Will and Testament of Padre Rojo, Don Miguel should have been appointed CEO of Rojo Tequila & Guns, LLC.  It could have forged ahead as a thriving enterprise well into the 21st Century.  Instead , it ended up as a pile of rotting corpses on a dusty street.  Oswald Spengler feared western civilazaton rushing into just this sort of destructive capitalism.

The Rojos probably would've been legit if it weren't for Esteban and Ramon.  Don Miguel (aka Benito) was IMO a likeable, reasonable kinda guy (who looks more than a little like my sixth grade teacher Grin) who didn't want any killing - or any more than absolutely necessary.  The Baxters were very willing to have a stable peace; it was the Rojos (and of course Joe) who wanted war.  I'm sure you remember Ramon's touching speech about laying low for a few years and then masscaring the Baxters when they least expect it.

Saturday nights with Groggy
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 04:34:53 PM »

Wanted in fifteen counties of this state...the condemned sitting before us: Don Miguel Rojo (otherwise known as Benito Rojo - in Italian print).... Grin

Benito Rojo - not even Don Benito?  The Italians stripped him of his nobility, that's pretty low.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
KERMIT
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »

Benito Rojo - not even Don Benito?  The Italians stripped him of his nobility, that's pretty low.
:'(don miguel benito rojo never gets a break. Cry

psycopathic brothers hooked by the vice of killing
misspelled name on movie poster
looks like a sixth grade teacher
not olny stripped of nobility, but stripped of rojo mojo.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 11:01:27 PM by KERMIT » Logged
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 06:51:24 AM »

.  ... I'm sure you remember Ramon's touching speech about laying low for a few years and then masscaring the Baxters when they least expect it.

Exactly my point!  How can you expect Don Miguel to run a multinational enterprise when you have a lunatic like Ramon on your executive management team?  DMR is trying to maintain a comfortable duopoly with Baxter & Co., and all Ramon can think is kill, kill, kill.  This leaves an opening for parasitic investment banking types like Joe to exploit.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2004, 05:55:37 PM »

Exactly my point!  How can you expect Don Miguel to run a multinational enterprise when you have a lunatic like Ramon on your executive management team?  DMR is trying to maintain a comfortable duopoly with Baxter & Co., and all Ramon can think is kill, kill, kill.  This leaves an opening for parasitic investment banking types like Joe to exploit.

Ramon is SO not a team player. Tongue

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2004, 05:56:36 PM »

:'(don miguel benito rojo never gets a break. Cry

psycopathic brothers hooked by the vice of killing
misspelled name on movie poster
looks like a sixth grade teacher
not olny stripped of nobility, but stripped of rojo mojo.

Does it help that I thought that my sixth grade teacher was kind of a jerk . . .  Undecided

mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 02:17:15 PM »

why does joe kill don miguel at the end? the poor old guy didn't even have a gun[as far as i know].

r.i.p

don miguel rojo

alias benito rojo

aim for the heart or you'll never stop me.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 03:45:44 PM »

why does joe kill don miguel at the end? the poor old guy didn't even have a gun as far as i know

Joe was no fool - he knew that in order to kill the snake you have to cut off the head.

mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 09:59:57 AM »

if you wanted to know about antonio prieto who plays don miguel, heres all i could find.

born in chile

often credited as anton prieter

first movie Federales y unitarios (1927)

most recent movie Flor salvaje (1968)  

not sure if he's alive or not.

if then keep up the good work.

if not then maybe he'll finally escape from people like esteban and ramon.

the americano can't wait to get into action.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
Christian
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 06:51:54 PM »

Don Miguel Rojo (Antonio Prieto) is still alive, in fact, he lives in Viņa del Mar - Chile (the same city where I live) . He is owner of a icecream store called: "Bravissimo") I hope talk to him about his character in the film soon

Bye Gringos

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 07:23:40 AM »

Seriously? If his first film was in 1927 he must be about a hundred by now!

It's class.
Christian
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 12:58:21 PM »

I`m not sure about  how many year old he is. But I can tell you that I met to him (face to face) around 3 years ago in a sale of horses and he looked good. I have thought go to talk him and ask him a lot of question but I haven`t had time to do this. I`m usually go to get icecream at the "Bravissimo" and when I asked for him the manager have told me: He came here from time to time. He doesn`t have a special day.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM