Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 09:08:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Report On Fonda Report
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report On Fonda Report  (Read 1623 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2004, 04:40:47 PM »

Okay, I'm gonna give a summary of how my Fonda presentation went today, for those who are interest. Grin

Now, last night I decided NOT to be Frank, because we didn't have the right clothing for any of his outfits really.  So my dad got me a gray wool (I think it was wool) overcoat/suit, and a clip-on tie (the real ties we had clashed so horribly with the jacket that my dad literally - I'm not joking - yelped in pain).  I put the finishing touches on my poster, and I was ready to go.

Evidentally people think I look cool in suits.  For I usually wear very bland clothes - any old sweatshirt (or T-shirt if it's summer) with jeans, and that's it.  I don't get very creative with my clothing.  Wink  Last month I was wearing a business suit for a "Spirit Day" got a boatloada complements.  Today I got some even stronger ones (plus I was wearing dress shoes too), and some which were rather vulgar, so I won't repeat them here.  Roll Eyes

Anywho, when I went to Drama class, I WAS THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' CLASS READY FOR MY PERFORMANCE!  I brought in my OUATITW DVD in because I had some pre-class dealings with the teacher - and my poster, for which I got more compliments - so obviously I went.  I tried Fonda's country accent, I did a good Fonda walk when I went up to the front of the class, and everyone loved it.  I think that they liked best my bit about my eyes (I have dark green eyes): "I'm probably best known for my bright blue eyes.  Now, obviously my eye color's changed somehow, but seein' as I've been dead for twenty-two years, you can suspend your disbelief a bit."  And I have to say it went rather well - especially during the "JESUS CHRIST!  IT'S HENRY FONDA!" part about OUATITW.  So after my Drama teacher got out the DVD player, it wouldn't work (a cable was missing) so she had to go get another TV, and I played the following scene:

Kermit: the whole dialog frank and mr. morton have about removing small obstacles from the track. "don't play the cripple with me mr. morton". would that be under 5 mins. ?

So, it went very well, not to sound redundant.  Grin

Anyway, thank you guys for your suggestions and help.  Don't think I didn't consider all of the scenes that you guys suggested; I went through some in-depth viewing processes the last couple of nights, so my decision was very well-thought out.  Kermit, if I could, I'd reward you some how.  How's $500 dollars sound?  Grin

Saturday nights with Groggy
KERMIT
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

let's both just thank henry fonda  Grin .....
....AND jason robards  Shocked

« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 07:39:23 PM by KERMIT » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM