Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 06:35:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Kill Bill Vol.2
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kill Bill Vol.2  (Read 29023 times)
Rblondie
Bandido

Lincoln's grandfather

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2004, 01:45:42 PM »

Great film! Even better than Vol.1. Wonderful use Morricone's music from Navajo Joe (1966). Daryl Hannah goes down as one of the all-time great movie villains. She deserves an Oscar nomination. Best fight ever between two women. **** out of 4 stars.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 04:52:26 AM »

Saw it last night, enjoyed it a lot, see it if you can.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 01:11:37 PM »

This Friday (the day it's released in the UK), I'm seeing Pt 1 on my friend's projector (8ft by 6ft screen). Then we're going to the cinema to see pt 2 (which I hear is as much influenced by spaghetti westerns as the first was by samurai films). It could potentially be the best day of my life.

It's class.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 03:33:50 PM »

You will have a great time I did it pretty much the same way  Smiley

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 09:03:36 AM »

It was amazing, better than Vol.1. I felt that the first film was a hong kong flick, but this was a spaghetti western, more or less. This was perhaps as entertaining as Takeshi Kitano's "Zatoichi".

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 04:40:37 PM »

I really can't believe how amazing it was. There was some neat use of Morricone music. When Bill first appears outside the church, it's the same theme as when Angeleyes first rides up in GBU. And then there's the FOD showdown theme later on too. (No bullet shield though, sadly).

It's class.
Hippieoddball1
Bandido

Life is funnier than shit.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 05:27:23 PM »

I cant believe people are actually saying this film is good. It is by far the worst film i have ever seen. He uses 5 pieces of morricones music. Why does he use the theme from fistful, all budd does is walk out of a caravan, it's proper crap. Thats one of my favourite pieces of morricones.
Navajo joe was used twice, too shortly at the end i thought. A professional gun was used but it just didn't go with the scene. Thats the master of leone he used music perfectly to suit a scene, tarantino just uses a piece he likes, poor judgement for me.
Then the good, the bad and the ugly piece was used quite nicely i thought.
The dialogue is boring and i was just totally bored shitless when bill meats the bride.
Nothing happend in the film for me, it could have been told in 30 minutes at the end of the first film.
I was totally appaled by the shitness of it. I didn't particuarly think vol 1 was fantastic but it was entertaining, this one was just dull and nothing happens in it apart from two short fights and strange dialogue. I've heard reviews where they have said Leone would be happy with the homage he recieves in this film. First off i didn't really see any good leone esque bits, couple of close ups but leone is miles better than a cliche in western film making. I think Leone would turn in his grave at this film.
Well just my opinion funny how people love it when i want to forget it as soon as possible, thats life for you.
I was looking forward to this as well, and the GBU DVD, both are crap, what a shit week, any way bye for now.
I hope someone else agrees with me, funny if they don't like, but i thought it was it was just, to be plain, dull and uniteresting. What a shame.  

The reason you became a priest is because you were too much of a coward to do what i do.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2004, 05:08:19 AM »

I wasn't expecting anything like Leone, so I didn't have any preset expectations, it was pure ultra comic book, but I found it entertaining in its own way.

Nobody is going to make a Leone western ever again.

Funny I liked Vol.2 better. I thought the best and most recognizable Leone reference was when the Bride was framed in the doorway.  

The whole trailer-cemetary-trailer sequence was a hoot.

Since I've never seen Navajo Joe or a professional gun those refrences were lost on me.

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 05:18:36 AM »

I find it so hard to believe anyone wouldn't like Kill Bill. Fans of the Lone Wolf and Cub series of Samurai revenge films will agree with me that this is one of the best pieces of dialogue in any film ever:

"Mommy can we watch a video tonight?"

"Sure honey, what do you wanna see?"

"Can we watch Shogun Assassin?"

"Sure hon".

I also loved the zombie flick references when Beatrix rises from the grave.

It's class.
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 01:04:54 PM »

No one has the monopoly of good taste. It depends on everyone.

You can like the movie, or not.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2004, 04:22:35 AM »

Actually there is one single fellow in this world who holds the monopoly for good taste. His name is Herman Smith, he lives with his his wife and two kids in a little appartment on the outskirts of Leeds, England, and he's not aware of it.

Andrew Hyatt
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 11:59:11 PM »

I just saw Kill Bill vol II today.   I thought the movie was great.  I was also surprised to hear so much Ennio Morricone music on it.  Here's what I recognized:

- Some of the less-familiar music from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.
- The theme from Navajo Joe
- The theme from Il Mercenario (during the coffin scene)

Did I miss any?

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2004, 04:02:38 AM »

Fistful of Dollars showdown theme when Beatrix gets shot.

It's class.
Wiky
Road Apple

I'm not a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 12:42:33 AM »

Wow, can't beleive I missed these when I saw vol2.  Looks like just one more reason to get the dvd when it comes out.

Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 07:13:54 AM »

Was his Death Rides A Horse theme in vol.1 or vol.2    
I don't know it well enough to recognise it. I've seen both films though, and recognised a lot of his music, but I can't seem to place this anywhere. I know it's in there though.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM