Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 07:25:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Blondie and tuco scam (spoilers)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondie and tuco scam (spoilers)  (Read 2826 times)
Wardogz
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2010, 12:12:14 PM »

How many times do you think Blondie and Tuco did the hanging trick in the film? I know we only see it twice but maybe it happened a few times off screen? The line where Clint says "Such ingratitude after all the times I've saved your life" sounds more appropriate if they had done it more than twice.

Wardogz
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:28:43 PM »

Although I've just thought, Tuco said Blondie had $4000, which would be Tuco's $1,000 from the first hanging and the $3000 from the second hanging, I guess they only did it twice then.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:10:02 AM »

It has been discussed a few times before, I think.

We can not say for sure, it all depends on how much was the reward raised each time they would do the scam. Maybe 500$ ?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 07:33:32 AM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Wardogz
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 12:37:59 PM »

yeah it's possible, one thing I am certain of though is Tuco and Clint met for the first time at the start of the movie, so if they did perform the hanging trick a couple times off screen it must have been in between the two scams we saw.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 05:08:55 PM »

one thing I am certain of though is Tuco and Clint met for the first time at the start of the movie

Here we go again.
That's a taboo topic over here.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 07:29:17 AM »

Check out some older topics in this subforum, Wardogz. We discussed about that quite a few times so far, though without reaching an agreement.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 07:29:54 AM »

Wardogz - you're new here.  Board members here have seen these films 50 times or more, and very few topics are "new" to them.

Leone never showed the viewers "everything".  Sure Tuco says to his co-horts that Blondie has $4000, hinting at two hangings (even though Blondie had said that Tuco was "now worth $3000), but Tuco's facial expression of boredom/repetition at the last hanging plus Blondie's remark of "all the times" plus Blondie's remark of Tuco not being worth more money in the future lead one to suspect more than two hangings.

And, if only two hangings, Blondie acquired a lot of disliking for Tuco (enough to leave him stranded in the desert) in just two hangings.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 10:01:34 PM »

Board members here have seen these films 50 times or more

I doubt I saw one of the five even 10 times. 8, at best. I mean, from beginning to end. And this in more than 40 years. Shame on me.  Cry

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 09:01:56 AM »

I doubt I saw one of the five even 10 times. 8, at best. I mean, from beginning to end. And this in more than 40 years. Shame on me.  Cry

You lost your right to be member of this board years ago. It has never been a problem for you though.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:03:18 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 08:47:06 PM »

You lost your right to be member of this board years ago. It has never been a problem for you though.

Maybe because I don't remember what I did to acquire that right... Shocked

Wardogz
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 03:02:18 AM »

Leone never showed the viewers "everything".  Sure Tuco says to his co-horts that Blondie has $4000, hinting at two hangings (even though Blondie had said that Tuco was "now worth $3000), but Tuco's facial expression of boredom/repetition at the last hanging plus Blondie's remark of "all the times" plus Blondie's remark of Tuco not being worth more money in the future lead one to suspect more than two hangings.

This makes the most sense to me, you're right about Clint saying $3,000 and not $4,000, which leads me to another question if Clint had all the money from two hangings it would be $5,000? If it was only two hangings maybe Clint banked his $1k from the first hanging and was just holding on to Tuco's for the 2nd hanging.

But like I said, I reckon you're right, it is likely that the performed the trick more than twice, and Clint saying he doesn't think Tuco will ever be worth more than 3k would suggest they have tried the trick a few times when he was worth 3k and his price never went up any more.

P.S This film is sooooooo good!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:03:19 AM by Wardogz » Logged
roger_d
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »

This makes the most sense to me, you're right about Clint saying $3,000 and not $4,000, which leads me to another question if Clint had all the money from two hangings it would be $5,000? If it was only two hangings maybe Clint banked his $1k from the first hanging and was just holding on to Tuco's for the 2nd hanging.

But like I said, I reckon you're right, it is likely that the performed the trick more than twice, and Clint saying he doesn't think Tuco will ever be worth more than 3k would suggest they have tried the trick a few times when he was worth 3k and his price never went up any more.

P.S This film is sooooooo good!

I would say more that 2 times also. Also think of when Tuco tried to hang Blondie and he got away, Tuco was tailing him from his cig buts. He had to spend lots of time with Blondie to know the kind of cig he smoke (yes I know I'm pushing it but its a thought).

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM