Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2018, 12:27:24 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (2010)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (2010)  ( 4358 )
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #15 : September 13, 2011, 11:31:40 AM »

But which would you delete? I liked them all, and I enjoyed seeing how much variety could be had out of a simple concept. It would be like complaining about all the songs in Singin' In The Rain ("Maybe they could have dropped a few numbers?")

Now as the film is I wouldn't delete any of the battles, this must then had been changed before filming.

To use the same example, I wouldn't complain about the number of songs in Singin in the Rain, but maybe I would if they had used 2 more in it.

It is still only a feeling which made me complain a little about the 2nd half of Scott Pilgrim, but makes me not complain about Singin in the Rain. The same feeling also says Pilgrim is the totally better film of the 2.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #16 : September 25, 2011, 08:27:30 AM »

I hope you're getting paid well.

Saturday nights with Groggy
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #17 : September 25, 2011, 10:05:11 AM »

Not sure bots can be paid over minimal wage.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #18 : September 26, 2011, 07:55:47 AM »

Not sure bots can be paid over minimal wage.

Clearly his passion for the work makes up for any financial shortcomings.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #19 : November 26, 2018, 02:31:28 AM »

I watched this simply because of how much I enjoyed "Baby Driver" otherwise I would probably never have gone near it. Perhaps snobbishly, it just didn't seem to be the kind of thing I would enjoy. So what can I say....

... Wow - it was like watching the work of a seriously talented director as he did his very best to make sure you did not take him seriously. High art with absolutely zero pretension. Edgar Wright is a talented man indeed and as a result I am now forced to give up even more of my precious time to seek out some of his other offerings.

It's a shame it did not do so well at the box-office. I wonder how much poor marketing came into play there? It certainly bypassed me.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #20 : November 26, 2018, 03:50:16 AM »

Never seen it.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #21 : November 27, 2018, 11:23:39 AM »

It's worth watching for the amazing scene transitions alone.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #22 : November 29, 2018, 08:09:21 AM »

And a very special thanks to Novecento today, for reminding me of one of my least favorite movies!

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #23 : November 29, 2018, 08:41:47 AM »

I watched this simply because of how much I enjoyed "Baby Driver" otherwise I would probably never have gone near it. Perhaps snobbishly, it just didn't seem to be the kind of thing I would enjoy. So what can I say....

... Wow - it was like watching the work of a seriously talented director as he did his very best to make sure you did not take him seriously. High art with absolutely zero pretension. Edgar Wright is a talented man indeed and as a result I am now forced to give up even more of my precious time to seek out some of his other offerings.

It's a shame it did not do so well at the box-office. I wonder how much poor marketing came into play there? It certainly bypassed me.

Hey, glad you liked it. It's my favorite movie by Edgar Wright, and it keeps growing on me with each viewing. Keeps getting funnier, deeper and more and more technically astonishing.
Not sure about the marketing in the US, but in France there was so little marketing that I almost missed the theatrical release (although I was ACTIVELY waiting for it). I barely caught one of the very last screenings, in a small room in a small theater at the other side of Paris (on the Champs Elysées).

And a very special thanks to Novecento today, for reminding me of one of my least favorite movies!

Shut the fuck up, stop flooding us with your bad taste and just show us Memory Video. I'm very curious to see what does a film by someone who hates so much Cinema look like.

« : November 29, 2018, 08:44:11 AM noodles_leone »

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #24 : November 29, 2018, 10:26:03 AM »

I'm very curious to see what does a film by someone who hates so much Cinema look like.
Yeah!

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #25 : November 29, 2018, 12:37:59 PM »

Bwahahah. i'll send some links out shortly.

I do love the first 40 seconds of Scott Pilgrim with the Zelda music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru0f0o6a2_M

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines