Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 07:27:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  An interview
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An interview  (Read 5850 times)
Biondo
Chicken Thief

Giů la testa coglione!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2004, 12:53:10 PM »

I have found confirmation of this to the link

http://www.filmstew.com/Content/ReviewsViews/Details.asp?ContentID=7359&Pg=2

"We also learn that Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach and Lee Van Cleef were originally considered (as a sort of inside joke) to play the three mercenaries who are summarily dispatched by Bronson’s agile gunslinger in the opening scene of the film."

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2004, 05:17:13 PM »

Yes this we knew already, but thanks for your effort.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2004, 04:37:21 AM »

Yes but it is not Eastwood didn't want; He couldn't cause he had to make a dirty Harry

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
Biondo
Chicken Thief

Giů la testa coglione!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2004, 01:37:07 PM »

Your relationship with music, and therefore with Ennio Morricone.  

Leone:-
I have said, and I repeat it, than Morricone  is the better scenarist of my films.  I could not never go on the set if  I already did not have the music of Ennio.  Also actors, accustomed to the direct shot,  like  Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson and Robert De Niro  found themself , in the beginning,  confused in front of my way of shooting   with music.  But the day that I have  intentional to please them and I have removed music, they  just  wanted it.  Music helped them to enter in the personages and the atmosphere of the film.  Every musical topic, in fact, represents a personage and Morricone, after that I have analytically told him the history  of the film, he succeeds to pick of  perfectly the spirit and the characteristics of the personage.  At the time of  "Ounce upon to Time in the west" there were problems with Cheyenne, cause Ennio had not understood well my way to see the personage.  Therefore, the topic that he made listen to me didn't appeal to me.  As a result of  his disappointment, I explained  newly that the personage had to represent the America in all its contradictions, but this Ennio knew  already.  Then, knowing that he has the need to visualize the personage through something already seen and known, I ask him  if he had seen the film of Walt Disney "Lilly and the wanderer".  He had seen.  "Well" I said , "Cheyenne is the wanderer".  He immediately seated down to the piano and,  he played notes of what it would have become the topic of Cheyenne.  By the way,  I have known that also Kubrik, after to have spoken with me, he  used the music during the shootingsit in "Barry Lyndon".  Evidently, it is a system that gives its yields.

I have some doubt on the exactitude of my translation about  this answer!
is there something that it is not clear?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 01:37:30 PM by Biondo » Logged
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2004, 03:21:33 PM »

Excellent translation, thanks for it.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM