Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 11:23:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Heroes who brutalize women...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heroes who brutalize women...  (Read 4633 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 05:57:05 PM »

btw, RE: the issue of "heroes who brutalize women" and the controversies specifically RE: the rape of Deborah: I find it ridiculous that people who have no problem with "conventional" violence (eg. beating people or killing them in cold blood for no reason other than money, or to move up in the world, or to demonstrate your quickness on the draw, etc. etc, etc.) somehow get all upset when there is a brutal rape... I know that some censors had a problem with the violence in Leone's early films. But my guess is that the people who were all aghast at the rape of Deborah weren't complaining in the same way about the killings that took place in OUATIA simply for money and/or self-advancement... A bunch of killings/beatings mean nothing; that's "just business." But the rape of Deborah (which btw appears, albeit to a lesser extent, in the book the film was based on,) somehow means Leone is a misogynist? Puhleeez

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 06:00:46 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 11:50:26 PM »

do you really think for a moment that if Jill had resisted Frank, he wouldn't have forced himself on her and/or killed her?

We don't and can't know for sure. Smiley

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM