Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 02:01:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rare Documentary
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rare Documentary  (Read 4374 times)
Derbent 5000
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2010, 01:05:53 AM »

check this out documentary on Sergio Leone and his films

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/sergio-leone/d6c78f96e2fe5f3c6ee2d6c78f96e2fe5f3c6ee2-70416467125

and even have some behind scene footage on the set Once Upon A Time In America

unfortunantley there is no translation on this only subtitles in greek, but its really good

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 01:20:32 AM by Derbent 5000 » Logged
Derbent 5000
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 01:13:34 AM »

interesting rare videos on RAI TV few rare interviews of Sergio Leone talking about Once Upon A Time In America while editing the movie few rare shots of editing unfortunately in italian if you guys have any programs to translate video would you posted translated text or video

http://www.italica.rai.it/eng/cinema/multimedia/western/filmati.htm

Derbent 5000
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 01:20:41 AM »

another without translation too in italian interview with Sergio Leone and Robert De Niro talking about film proscess in mid 80x but has double audio when De Niro speak dubed in italian and english you can hear the interview what he saying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Su0vXrcrQ

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 01:24:32 AM by Derbent 5000 » Logged
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 02:03:44 AM »

Great find Afro Looks interesting. Now, if only there were English subs...

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 03:26:47 AM »

check this out documentary on Sergio Leone and his films

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/sergio-leone/d6c78f96e2fe5f3c6ee2d6c78f96e2fe5f3c6ee2-70416467125

I was already looking out for this doc.
Nobody here from Italia who has recorded it on DVD?
I'd have some stuff to trade...

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
TheFlexibleFlyingCzar
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »

another without translation too in italian interview with Sergio Leone and Robert De Niro talking about film proscess in mid 80x but has double audio when De Niro speak dubed in italian and english you can hear the interview what he saying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Su0vXrcrQ

I actually had a few videos of interviews from YouTube of Leone that I had translated by someone. The person I had translate these did the best he could and had notes for certain parts if something was incapable of being translated or comprehended. Anyway, here is this video how he translated it.

---

Sergio Leone:
The press discovered Italian western with For A Fistful Of Dollars, and this is not… this is not the real truth. The success that For A Fistful Of Dollars had, just… just reproposed that subject.

Announcer:
Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight’s guest is Sergio Leone.

Anchorman:
Well, hehe, I guess Sergio Leone has got something to say to our ladies, right?

Sergio Leone:
Well, to go and watch my next movies, as they didn’t watch my previous ones.

Anchorman:
So, talking about movies, dear Leone, we know that we have distracted you a bit from your work. What are you currently working on?

Sergio Leone:
Well, I’m mixing my latest movie for America, which is Once Upon A Time In The West.

Sergio Leone (trying to speak Spanish [with bad results ^_^]):
But music for me is more than… than a… emotion. For me it’s like the dialogue. Because I use the dialogue almost like an aphorism. And so, all the rest must come from the music and from… and for this reason there are some great close-ups, right?, in my movies to… to show the eyes. Because the eyes are… they count much more than words. Many times.

Sergio Leone:
I persisted in making a movie that I liked very much and that I like even more today. And finally I managed to write the script. The movie in question is Once Upon A Time In America, which is the final part of a triptych that started with Once Upon A Time In The West, continued with Duck, You Sucker, and should end with Once Upon A Time In America.

Robert De Niro:
I had thought… I had met him before, and talked with him about the movie. In fact, I met him when he first was starting thinking about it. It was 9-10 years ago.

Sergio Leone:
The colour will be the most important thing; if, not only. Here is the colour. These are the right tones, in my opinion: black, this beige, this is the Lyric Theatre that we have represented exactly as it is.

Sergio Leone:
This is a film I am really keen on, because, well, there’s no psychological matter that restrains me.

Robert De Niro:
My friend, the producer of The King Of Comedy, Arnon Milchan, was adding more about the story of Sergio, the movie. And so I had been asked to meet Sergio again.

Sergio Leone:
This we can find, and we shall find, in… er, the Be… the Boeing of that time, of 1929, and I think Howard Hughes has it.

Sergio Leone:
Well, I am very obstinate, very tenacious. And I shoot the movies that I like. I mean, I have to love strongly, in depths the movie I want to do.

Robert De Niro:
We had talked about seven hours in two talks. He described the whole story to me. And… and practically shot by shot, and… the way… the way he described it may be very excellent. I had read the script, but that description was what made me wanna do it.

Sergio Leone:
Oh, this, instead, I want this elevated orchestra. Look, this really seems to have been taken from… from a book of fairy tales. And because this all is… is placed on rack and pinion, eh. And these, all the performers move in the air.

Man:
That’s not a problem, either.

Sergio Leone:
And I devoted many years of… of… of… of research to it. Also because I think that this movie is worth shooting. Because I believe it’s a wonderful movie.

Man:
Well, but, Sergio, the sewers, the drainage canals…

Sergio Leone:
Ah, yeah, you’re right.

Man:
‘Cause if it rains, we are stuck.

Sergio Leone:
Yeah, but I think we’ll better build this all near a studio.

Sergio Leone:
I’ve got the feeling that this is going to be a very particular movie, yeah. A movie which derives from a long… maturation.

Sergio Leone:
This is… the heart, right?

Man:
And in the heartland, all the buildings close to each other, just the small Jewish cemetery.

---

Now if anyone here can offer a better translation please go ahead. I'm sure most of us would like as most of an accurate translation as we could get of Leone's words.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 10:59:40 AM by TheFlexibleFlyingCzar » Logged
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:24:34 AM »

Thanks Afro

Is the man Leone is discussing with about the drafts Carlo Simi?

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
TheFlexibleFlyingCzar
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »

Thanks Afro

Is the man Leone is discussing with about the drafts Carlo Simi?

Not sure. I can post the other translations I received if anyone is interested, which I'm sure you are. I'll make a new board or something. I got him to translate a few videos.

wind demon
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 03:43:31 PM »

Truly fascinating, thank you.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM