Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 06:43:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Film Locations (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Arch (2010)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Arch (2010)  (Read 7522 times)
Rudra
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 01:56:09 PM »

I am planning to visit the "Arch" soon. Thanks to all the members, who provided the information regarding lodging and directions. I just have a question, can anyone provide me with a list of Do's and Dont's and certain other precautions, while I am around the "Arch"?

Thank you.

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 03:21:54 AM »

I am planning to visit the "Arch" soon. Thanks to all the members, who provided the information regarding lodging and directions. I just have a question, can anyone provide me with a list of Do's and Dont's and certain other precautions, while I am around the "Arch"?

Thank you.

IMHO:

Bring an MP3 player with the Harmonica theme and, while you watch the Arch, play it as loud as your ears can safely stand it.
Watch for sheep in the road and possibly a shepherd dog of undefined race.
Watch for broken beer bottles.
Enjoy the scenery.
Take a lot of pictures and video footage. God knows how much longer the remains of the Arch will be there. Bring a tripod and also (as applicable) a wife, a girlfriend or a friend to assist with the pictures and/or video recording.
Respect what's left of the Arch for others to enjoy.
If you are in the mood, get a garbage bag and retrieve some broken glass and beer cans from the area.
I didn't see any rattlesnakes, scorpions, tarantulas or Navajo war parties in the area, but individual experiences may vary  Wink
Once you are done visiting the Arch, take the time to visit Monument Valley, Mexican Hat, the Valley of the Gods, the San Juan Goosenecks Park (you can spot the Arch from that place with binoculars). And (if you feel courageous) drive up the Moki Dugway and go to Muley Point to enjoy one of the most incredible views you have experienced in your life. Then you may as well visit the Natural Bridges National Monument.

Can't think of any Don'ts. Just use common sense.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 06:22:25 AM »

If you are in the mood, get a garbage bag and retrieve some broken glass and beer cans from the area.

This should be mandatory, its practically a Spaghetti Western/Sergio Leone Shrine.  Cool

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 08:09:26 AM »

Thank you.

Take water with you (anytime in our west), especially when going into a sparsely-populated area like this.  Visit
Goulding's Lodge, Monument Valley, Utah, (435) 727-3231  (www.gouldings.com) just a few miles south of the arch on 163 (can't miss it), at least to browse through their bookstore/museum.  Be forewarned that the books there do not even list this film as being one of the ones filmed in Monument Valley.

Rudra
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 01:28:15 PM »

Thank you O'Cangaciero, CJ and Cusser for your advice. I am visiting Monument Valley specifically to see the Arch and visiting the surrounding area is the added part of the itinerary  Wink I plan to spend two days at Monument Valley, before heading to Las Vegas.  I am planning to shoot tons of pictures and video footage and will put them on the board for everyone. Re Operation Cleanup, will do my bit to clear the place (sans bricks of the Arch Tongue)

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM