Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 05:29:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  DOLLARS 2 - restoration?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOLLARS 2 - restoration?  (Read 3517 times)
Bill Carson
« on: May 09, 2004, 03:14:15 PM »

Cool  hola amigos. as I type this I am expecting my region 1 dvd copy of the greatest film ever made to arrive via a friend of mine; I already have region 2 and I was watching the mini-documentaries this morning for the umpteenth time when I noticed something... on the 'restoration' featurette, you can see the film restoration  dudes at work with their machines as they run film through them and the print shows images of Lee Van Cleef as Col. Mortimer in FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, (more accurately the first shot of him on the train as he smokes his pipe whilst reading the bible) so does this mean that this film is also going to recieve the ol' special edition treatment?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 04:29:10 PM »

Hola Bill Carson! Sounds good to me!

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Laurent
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 05:03:34 PM »

I sure hope it is eventhough it hasn't been confirmed.
They noticed the same thing as you on DVDTalk's review of the DVD: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=10541

I also read an article a while ago on GBU's restoration and it said that John Kirk might also restore A Fistful of Dynamite, I hope this is true as well and that it will have all the scenes that are missing in some releases (like the final flashback), I'm trying to find the address, I'll reply to this thread if I find it.

KERMIT
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 06:33:20 PM »

Hola Bill Carson! Sounds good to me!
ME ?...i'm with HIM !

mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 01:37:38 AM »

only problem is, only clint is alive from FAFDM so the interviews would be shorter than those on TGTBATU.

you became a priest because you are to much of a coward to do what I do!

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 02:14:13 AM »

Actually, correcting myself the actors from Few Dollars More that are still alive are Eastwood[obviously], Aldo Sambrell,Frank Bana[Blackie]and a lot of people who i'm not sure about.

Such a big reward being offered on all you gentlemen, i figured I might tag along on your next robbery. I might just turn you into the law.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
Tekker
Road Apple

"You'we brought two too many"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 07:34:14 AM »

My first thought after seing the interviews on GBU SE, was that some of the people interviewed seemed to talk about the whole dollar triologi, rather than just GBU.
Maybe they have done interviews for Fistful and Few dollars more while they were at it?!?

"This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. If i'd wanted all that computer game bullshit, I'd have gone home and stuck my dick in my Nintendo" - Quentin Tarantino
Two Kinds of ...
Gunslinger

Idiots - it's for you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 02:35:50 PM »

I think all three, plus Fistfull of Dynamite are in various stages of restoration.   MGM released FOFDM and FOD back in the late `90's but now they've been pulled, which basically means they's want to sell you a different version.

More feeling.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM