Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 10:08:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Notable scenes I have missed in the past.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Notable scenes I have missed in the past.  (Read 7709 times)
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 02:46:03 PM »

Is that version available? I mean, besides on videotape?

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 03:05:01 AM »

No, only if someone had recorded it on a DVD-R.

There is maybe a fandub which has both dubs. Only that for that particular scene it won't work with having both versions on one DVD. In the shorter dub the scene is cut. The part when Eastwood, while walking to his horse, shoots again one of the now unarmed and already wounded bandits was cut out.

I always wanted to get it, but yet don't have it.  At the moment I only have a VHS recording copied from an old VHS rental tape.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:07:00 AM by stanton » Logged

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 09:11:35 AM »

Go to http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0908919/mediaindex?page=1  There are 79 photos of Eli, and 56 are from GBU.  There are quite a few not in the film including some from the Scicorro scene with Tuco shaking money out of an upside-down person and begging for money and shooting the cannon back at Blondie (and some publicity stills).

tales
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 07:05:24 AM »

Awesome find, thanks ! I see several stills I would loved to have framed for my Man Cave.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 10:04:32 AM »

There are 79 photos of Eli, and 56 are from GBU. 
That's interesting. I'm sure at the time Eli thought he was just doing another movie job while awaiting a (more significant) theater role. Now, with IMDb abetting, he shall remain Forever Tuco.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 01:36:42 PM »

Go to http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0908919/mediaindex?page=1  There are 79 photos of Eli, and 56 are from GBU.  There are quite a few not in the film including some from the Scicorro scene with Tuco shaking money out of an upside-down person and begging for money and shooting the cannon back at Blondie (and some publicity stills).

Cusser, I cannot see the one of Tuco shaking money out of an upside-down person or the one of him begging?

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 06:55:33 PM »

Cusser, I cannot see the one of Tuco shaking money out of an upside-down person or the one of him begging?

Here is one of the pictures.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3811544832/nm0908919

Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 12:30:28 PM »

Ha, that's great!
I must have looked at that photo loads of times but never actually noticed that is was an upside down person.....

Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 05:43:38 AM »

Definitely missed # 3.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 06:38:33 AM »

Wait, wait--you're telling me there was an original dub, then the Alphonse dub was made, which has been dumped, and now we're back to the first one? Well, that sounds just nutty enough to be true . . .

stanton, with your permission, I'm gonna add this info to the SL Encyclopedia.

I remember Frayling wrote or spoke about this   (but I don't remember where I read or heard it): there was an original German dub that basically made the film into a comedy, before it was changed

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:40:42 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 06:40:07 AM »

Just imagine being in a German cinema, and you're the only non-German, whilst everyone else is laughing.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 07:18:37 AM »

I remember Frayling wrote or spoke about this   (but I don't remember where I read or heard it): there was an original German dub that basically made the film into a comedy, before it was changed

No, it was the other way round. In the late 70s the first 2 Dollar films were re-released. The most extreme violence was cut to get an FSK 16 rating (instead of FSK 18), but some other stuff was cut too. Both films lost over 10 min.
Also both were newly dubbed (don't know why). And for that a few (often silly) comedy touches were added. Especially FoD got some idiotic new lines, in FAFDM the dialogue was mostly still the same, only spoken by different voices. In FaFDM also some of the music was changed (again I don't know why), even in a brilliant was for one scene.
But both were still marketed as violent westerns, not as comedies. For many years these cut versions were the only ones available in Germany.

Sadly adding a slight comedy touch in the dialogues was in the 70s very common in Germany.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM