Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 05:26:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Web Site Announcements (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  the sergio leone board archive room
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the sergio leone board archive room  (Read 6991 times)
sargatanas
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »

just a thought. we need a section entitled Sergio Leone thread archives. this way if  i want to post first i need to check the old achieves first. an asterisk should be  posted along w/ the post in question as to has it been discussed before.  hard work, tensity and dedication at first, but eventually it would take shape. we , in fact would have our own library. what a treasure to have all those topics  grouped together so one doesn't have to feel self conscious or trepidations before posting. it would eliminate the old that's been posted before numbnuts, lol.  discretion is the better part of valor. i vote we form a posse ASAP and nail this bad bitch, lol.  for that matter even another section called the Sergio Leone board collective hall of past threads.

we owe to ourselves. we can do this. we should do this ( violins playing ) also  a place for people who have departed the board like GENERAL SIBLEY, etc. his posts were golden. i miss the general dearly. and what of the man who called himself KERMIT ? i employ members who desperately was order and a place for reference. i hear a bugle playing TAPS...  Cry

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:40:30 PM by cigar joe » Logged
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 05:12:15 PM »

It isn't a bad idea, at all, though I'm afraid unfeasible at the present moment.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:40:52 PM by cigar joe » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
sargatanas
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 05:16:26 PM »

It isn't a bad idea, at all, though I'm afraid unfeasible at the present moment.
right DUST, just a thought. i can set it up w/ the press of a button, lol

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:41:12 PM by cigar joe » Logged
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »

Frankly, I don't really get this. Why move all the old threads to one new section when they all are arranged under appropriate sections to begin with? Sure, there's a lot of great stuff burried under huge piles of secondary stuff, and bringing the good stuff to the surface would serve a purpose but I don't think this is the way to do it (if I got what you were saying). Indexing and making the best threads sticky has worked reasonably well but I think the most important thing would be getting the search engine to work properly. Currently it fails to meet your search more often than not.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:41:54 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 05:38:17 PM »

right DUST, just a thought. i can set it up w/ the press of a button, lol

Click.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 05:52:02 PM »

Frankly, I don't really get this. Why move all the old threads to one new section when they all are arranged under appropriate sections to begin with? Sure, there's a lot of great stuff burried under huge piles of secondary stuff, and bringing the good stuff to the surface would serve a purpose but I don't think this is the way to do it (if I got what you were saying). Indexing and making the best threads sticky has worked reasonably well but I think the most important thing would be getting the search engine to work properly. Currently it fails to meet your search more often than not.

Nah, we won't move all the old topics anywhere, we'll just catalogize them. I mean, sargatanas will. After some work is done I'll see with the other moderators if this is worth the effort or not, and inform sagratanas of the decision.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:42:41 PM by cigar joe » Logged

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 05:56:45 PM »

Click.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=click

WOW!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:43:08 PM by cigar joe » Logged

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 06:13:02 PM »

This. The board has already had enough modification that it doesn't need an even more useless appendix tacked on.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:43:41 PM by cigar joe » Logged

Saturday nights with Groggy
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 08:14:05 AM »

Nah, we won't move all the old topics anywhere, we'll just catalogize them. I mean, sargatanas will. After some work is done I'll see with the other moderators if this is worth the effort or not, and inform sagratanas of the decision.

I think this idea would mean lot of time/aggravation and will most likely prove unworkable.

I can't see a problem here as of course us mods have the facility to merge topics.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:44:28 PM by cigar joe » Logged
sargatanas
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 08:04:47 PM »

I think this idea would mean lot of time/aggravation and will most likely prove unworkable.

I can't see a problem here as of course us mods have the facility to merge topics.
just a thought, wouldn't touch it w/ a 10 foot pole , lol

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:44:49 PM by cigar joe » Logged
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:43 AM »

Are you looking for trouble, Sargatanas? We're a pretty peacefull community here, we don't like trouble. Who do you think you are?

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
sargatanas
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 10:28:58 AM »

Are you looking for trouble, Sargatanas? We're a pretty peacefull community here, we don't like trouble. Who do you think you are?

I'm a mean old man, who'll do you anyway he can,
break your heart, while i kiss the ring on your hand,
I'm a good ole fiend, who'll bend w/ the wind,
to be your fiend to the bitter end, i take my licking standing tall,
rather bite ya back than crawl, like your uncle bob,
I'll slap you on your back, then I will rob you blind.

And, who will moderate the moderators? .... quote from : noodles_Leone  ( new moderators thread )
ahh-EEe-aHH-EeE-AHH ! ( cough~cough )

if these leonesqe, hallowed walls could talk
http://www.kingsnakerecords.com/

and, what if your hand should tremble a little,
an that gringo  so fast on the B-3 ?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:45:18 PM by cigar joe » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 02:46:24 PM »

I really really think the problem is we have a crappy search engine. Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »

No question.

Saturday nights with Groggy
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 04:24:02 AM »

So do I. And unfortunately I lack the computer knowledge necessary to understand search engines, or I'd have tried to solve it already. It's annoying.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM