Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 07, 2019, 12:40:23 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Once Upon...America Poster
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Once Upon...America Poster  ( 8709 )
herbpees
Road Apple

« : May 10, 2004, 01:45:17 AM »

I once saw a fantastic poster for OUATIA. It was a landscape poster with DeNiro's face on the left, and the three dead bodies of his friends lying on the ground on the right. Has anyone ever seen this, and do you know where I can get it?

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

« #1 : May 10, 2004, 01:52:12 PM »

Never seen it!

Each one for himself, and God against all.
klaatu
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #2 : May 13, 2004, 08:12:36 PM »

I once saw a fantastic poster for OUATIA. It was a landscape poster with DeNiro's face on the left, and the three dead bodies of his friends lying on the ground on the right. Has anyone ever seen this, and do you know where I can get it?

I coundn't find that one but how about these?

« : May 13, 2004, 08:13:14 PM klaatu »
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

« #3 : May 14, 2004, 12:59:57 PM »

Great posters!

Each one for himself, and God against all.
herbpees
Road Apple

« #4 : May 15, 2004, 06:36:10 PM »

I found a smaller version of the poster, they used it on the cover of the book tie-in. Does anyone remember it now?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0747531862.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

klaatu
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #5 : May 15, 2004, 09:54:30 PM »

Great posters!

I personally like the one in middle which looks like from Germany(?)

« : May 15, 2004, 09:56:19 PM klaatu »
klaatu
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #6 : May 15, 2004, 10:02:30 PM »

I found a smaller version of the poster, they used it on the cover of the book tie-in. Does anyone remember it now?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0747531862.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Very nice picture but never seen it...

« : May 15, 2004, 10:04:02 PM klaatu »
Simon
Bandido

"You see, I have a story too Mr Baily"

« #7 : May 23, 2004, 06:18:18 AM »

Klaatu, Thanks, brilliant posters!
As far as I am aware that poster was not used for the film's theatrical release but clobbered together for it's video release in 1984. I had a copy, it was on Thorn EMI and I personally hated it. I felt it did not represent the film at all, rather, making it look your typical moronic action flick. The text on the front was a horrible bright red and yellow colour and on the back of the cover there were pics of Fat Moe with a gun in his eye and a close up of Jimmy Conway having petrol sprayed on him.
You should take a look on e-bay as copies come up quite often.

"What's a Mook?"
DJASh
Chicken Thief

« #8 : May 29, 2004, 05:27:30 PM »

Herbpee, I'm fairly sure the poster you describe is the one used for UK theatres . The poster is also featured on my VHS copy, released as part of a series of gangster films by Warner Bros under the title "Wanted".

Posteritati in New York had a copy recently, but they are expensive.

Mickey B
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

« #9 : May 30, 2004, 05:29:50 AM »

Hey

I can confirm that this is the image used in the UK quad as I bought one about 15 years ago (along with a complete set of US colour lobby cards) from a shop in London. Have to say though that I prefer the US one sheet with just the Brooklyn Bridge and the gang members on their fateful stroll; it's simple but it perfectly captures what is so majestic and haunting about this film. Funny but I can't remeber the film being released or even reviewed in the UK even though I was an avid moviegoer as well as  a religious reader of Photoplay and the marvellous Films and Filming from the late 70s. Did get to see it though in its full widescreen glory at the Phoenix in Oxford  c.1996.

Best to everyone

DJASh
Chicken Thief

« #10 : August 05, 2004, 03:20:43 PM »

The film was released in the UK, I think the bad press from the US critical mauling might have had an effect on the length of its distribution.

I first saw it on VHS but then got to see it on the big screen (so far my only time) at the Arts Centre at Aberystwyth University.

Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

« #11 : September 03, 2004, 02:03:37 AM »

I agree with Mickey B. It's fun to see these posters but the one that captures the spirit of the movie is the one with the Bridge and the gang  - with Dominic jumping ahead of the others.. just seconds before his death.

The bridge symbolizes, in my interpretation, the construction of the concept of America. We see the bridges so many times in the movie. And the way the gang is strolling along symbolizes the opportunism it's all based on.

I also like this version with the fotos of the kid gang inserted on the left and the adult gang on the right. It's the most common poster but in my opinion also the best.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #12 : September 03, 2004, 09:14:42 AM »

I have the one-sheet with the kid gang and the adult gang, like Blueberry described.  At least it's an original.

David Aaronson
Bandido

Noodles

« #13 : October 03, 2004, 04:47:57 AM »

I personally like the one in middle which looks like from Germany(?)
That is a German poster indeed.

« : October 03, 2004, 04:48:10 AM David Aaronson »

Fat Moe: What have you been doing all these years?
Noodles: I've been going to bed early.
THE BIG MAN
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

« #14 : October 04, 2004, 10:15:38 AM »

Hi Herbpees,
It was the UK Cinema release poster-Thorn EMI were the UK distributors-I dont think they actually exist anymore  I actually used to have  this poster-ordered it from a UK movie magazine (Film Review) which I dont know if it still exsists.  It had the same As Boys They said they would die for each other as men they did blurb on the poster. At the time the poster only cost me about 10- I was young,stupid and didnt take care of it,
infact I covered a really annoying sun vent in my room with it!  After a while it became a bit tacky and I binned it -DUUUUUUU!  Anyway Ive seen on the internet somewhere, just cant remember where! -happy surfing

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines