Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 01:26:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Tuco's beating
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tuco's beating  (Read 1114 times)
Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2010, 01:28:50 PM »

This is a very powerful scene, made even more hard to watch since the extended version was made available.
The acting is so convincing that it looks like Eli must have been struck to actually get his body to react in the way that it did.

Do you think Mario Brega would have really hit him? Not as hard as is made out for the film obviously but would he have given him light blows?
A couple of instances come to mind are when Tuco is on the floor and Wallace whacks his foot down on the back of his head and after he has pushed his thumbs into his eyes he absolutely belts him in the stomach whilst lying across that table.

It just looks too convincing to be acting....

What do you all think?

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:14:32 PM »

If it was for real it sure made EW good, considering he's heading toward 100. and grandly at that.

Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 08:42:17 AM »

It just looks too convincing to be acting....
What do you all think?
In one of his interviews, Eli said that it was actually him who suggested to Brega to press the fingers into his eyes, as this was a trick he learnt in the army during WWII.
He furthermore stated that on a couple of occasions, Brega actually hit him for real during the scene and that his whole body was aching afterwards for some days. If I remember correctly, he even claimed that he was literally thrown against one of the posts in the room.
Guess that's why the whole scene  looked so convincing...
He also told that he never allowed his nephews and relatives to watch this scene as he deemed it too realistic.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 08:45:23 AM by Leonardo » Logged
Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 01:39:18 PM »

Yeah, I can remember that interview from the DVD too... Guess I just can't get my head around it

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM