Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 03:18:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Whistling on Soundtrack
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whistling on Soundtrack  (Read 1389 times)
johnk
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2010, 09:58:50 PM »

Who is the whistler ?.........I thought it was Alessandro Alessandroni ...but read it was a guy called John Oneil who had hit with I was Kaiser Bills Batman ...any info please ??

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 02:27:56 AM »

We discussed this some time ago...

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=7803.0

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 07:28:08 AM »

And Alessandro Alessandroni (on one of the Leone 2-set DVD extra features) said that he did them all, and demonstrated, said he could always produce more whistle and less air than most whistlers.

I figure: he could physically/technically do it, he said he did it, and he was there.  So I'd bet on Alessandro Alessandroni.

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 11:44:45 AM »

I would like to be as sure as you are, Cusser. However, I have not found any conclusive proof indicating that Alessandroni was the whistler in GBU, even if it would make total sense that he was.

In any case, I am 100% convinced that (contrary to his claims) Curro (Kurt) Savoy did never whistle in any of the Leone SWs sondtracks. That leaves only two suspects for GBU.  Cheesy

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 03:05:56 PM »

Have you vieewed that DVD extra feature?  Also, saw a clip somewhere at the Leone festival in Los Angles/Western Museum, Alessandroni was there for the opening festivities.

See http://www.cinema-suicide.com/2008/08/22/an-interview-with-alessandro-alessandroni/
"In 1966, Morricone scored possibly his most popular and influential score, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. For the score Morricone used Alessandro’s clanging guitar sound, his choir, and his trademark whistle. He also had Alessandro use his voice in several unique ways, and his voice is the one you hear when the movie’s theme starts. "

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:09:58 PM by Cusser » Logged
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 08:43:01 PM »

Have you vieewed that DVD extra feature?  Also, saw a clip somewhere at the Leone festival in Los Angles/Western Museum, Alessandroni was there for the opening festivities.

See http://www.cinema-suicide.com/2008/08/22/an-interview-with-alessandro-alessandroni/
"In 1966, Morricone scored possibly his most popular and influential score, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. For the score Morricone used Alessandro’s clanging guitar sound, his choir, and his trademark whistle. He also had Alessandro use his voice in several unique ways, and his voice is the one you hear when the movie’s theme starts. "

I have seen the extra features DVDs in all 5 Leone's SWs and I cannot find the part where Alessandroni claims having done the whistling in all of them. Mind you, I may have missed it.  Embarrassed

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM