Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 12:29:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Salad Olivier
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Salad Olivier  (Read 1030 times)
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:17:59 AM »

I have often tried to remember when was the first time I watched GBU (BBC, actually), without much success. I started watching these movies (SWs, Ws, Bud Spencer & Terence Hill flicks, adventure flicks, winter holiday classics, etc.) when I was a small kid, they were showing them every other day, or that's the way I remember it. So it's hard to recall a specific date. However, yesterday, while I was doing the legendary NY Salad Olivier (funny thing, we always call if French Salad, but Russian Salad would be more appropriate, though wrong all the same Cheesy), I stumbled upon BBC, shown on one of the RAI channels... I swear it, I was sitting there, watching the movie, making the salad, the Christmas tree was shining in the middle of the room... and abrakadabra, it felt like someone teleported me back in time...

It was beautiful, I almost started crying. Cry

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:19:11 AM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 12:05:49 PM »

I have often tried to remember when was the first time I watched GBU (BBC, actually), without much success. I started watching these movies (SWs, Ws, Bud Spencer & Terence Hill flicks, adventure flicks, winter holiday classics, etc.) when I was a small kid, they were showing them every other day, or that's the way I remember it. So it's hard to recall a specific date. However, yesterday, while I was doing the legendary NY Salad Olivier (funny thing, we always call if French Salad, but Russian Salad would be more appropriate, though wrong all the same Cheesy), I stumbled upon BBC, shown on one of the RAI channels... I swear it, I was sitting there, watching the movie, making the salad, the Christmas tree was shining in the middle of the room... and abrakadabra, it felt like someone teleported me back in time...

It was beautiful, I almost started crying. Cry
Yep, I have watched it too on RAI 3, with my wife grumbling ("Not again???!!!"), but I had no salad with it, just a few slices of salami and when I watched Lee eating the beans, I felt an urge to cook some beans myself.
So I ended up with salami, black beans and Jack Daniel's, and by the time Clint and Eli reached the Langstone Bridge, I was just about to blow up the bridge all by myself!!!

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 03:34:59 AM »

Yep, I have watched it too on RAI 3, with my wife grumbling ("Not again???!!!"), but I had no salad with it, just a few slices of salami and when I watched Lee eating the beans, I felt an urge to cook some beans myself.
So I ended up with salami, black beans and Jack Daniel's, and by the time Clint and Eli reached the Langstone Bridge, I was just about to blow up the bridge all by myself!!!

How's your digestion? Wink

This was one of the rare few times I wasn't hungry like a stranded dog while watching Tuco drowning in that vegetable stew. Afro

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 03:40:04 AM »

Grin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM