Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 10:08:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Noodles never knew
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noodles never knew  (Read 25368 times)
Real Noodles
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2004, 01:09:30 AM »

This is Scott Tiler.  I played young Noodles.  I never knew that this website or anything like it ever existed.  Amazing.  I was recently in New York in Dumbo doing a cable show with Rusty Jacobs the Young Max.  We reminesced about the film and fought like old times.  

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 05:48:59 AM »

Cool, nice to meet you, and I'm sure all of us here would love to read/hear all that you can remember about the film, the locations, and of course Leone.

At your convienience, thanks in advance.

welcome
cigar joe

ps. Invite Rusty Jacobs to visit also.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 12:46:25 PM »

hi scott

i know youll probably think its a bit weird fans analysing ur performance but i think the best thing u can say about it is that you and Rusty Jacobs complemented Robert De Niro and James Woods perfectly. You managed to give a realistic impression that this was noodles as a young man, matching many of their mannerisms.

Why didnt you go on to do many more movies?

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Real Noodles
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 10:13:01 PM »

hi scott

i know youll probably think its a bit weird fans analysing ur performance but i think the best thing u can say about it is that you and Rusty Jacobs complemented Robert De Niro and James Woods perfectly. You managed to give a realistic impression that this was noodles as a young man, matching many of their mannerisms.

Why didnt you go on to do many more movies?

It is interesting to note that none of the young actors met any of their adult counterparts.  Leone just cast it the way he wanted and then directed us appropriatly.
I did several other movies including Three O'clock high and City of hope with John Sayles.  
I'm ready to get back to business.  Thanks

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 01:52:52 PM »

Hi Scott!

The first question I want to ask you is how was Jennifer Connely in person!!!!!!

Was she as beautiful as we saw her in the movie?

Each one for himself, and God against all.
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 04:23:12 PM »

Hello Scott , this is hilarious.  We'd love to hear some stories from you!  You helped make make one of the great movies of all time, you were perfect in your role.

Thanks for stopping by, look forward to hearing from ya.  As you can tell you've got an audience of fanatics waiting to hear from you.  Say hello to Max too!

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
king eric
Road Apple

I'm not a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 10:16:58 AM »

Hi Scott

It's pretty cool, that you've come and posted on this board. It has promted me to make my first posting.

I just wondered what your thoughts were on the whole 1968 opium dream theory.

guy
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 06:40:13 PM »

hi scott, much respect coming to you from the uk! would just like to say that there are quite a few of us from this side of the pond who love this film and i personally think you played the young noodles role very well.
You should be very proud of your performance and your involvement in a film that is just spectacular, very moving and is without a doubt a classic and in many peoples top 5 films.
anyway i'm sure you are gonna get inundated wth questions, so i'll ask you my question and will be patient in waiting for a reply. do you know anything of the missing scenes and what was your favourite part of the film as a viewer and an actor.

guy from camden town, london, uk

"i like the stink of the streets, it makes me feel good. i like the smell of it, it opens up my lungs - and it gives me a hard on!"
Garry Cowell
Bandido

Did you bring a horse for me?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 09:05:49 AM »

It is interesting to note that none of the young actors met any of their adult counterparts.  Leone just cast it the way he wanted and then directed us appropriatly.
I did several other movies including Three O'clock high and City of hope with John Sayles.  
I'm ready to get back to business.  Thanks
Three O'Clock High?! That's the Phil "State Of Grace" Joanou flick, right? Cool! I'll have to give it a re-watch, I can't remember spotting you in it.

"Watch out he's a touch freak!"  Grin

I often spot Brian Bloom (Young Patsy) in stuff on TV he still has extraordinarily beautiful eyes.

The first time I ever saw you "all growed up" was in the UK documentary Once Upon A Time Sergio Leone. I was like "Well he looks nothing like DeNiro now!" Smiley

A couple of questions;

1) Was the childhood stuff shot before or after the other periods?

Someone has to ask this...
2) "What have you been doing all these years?" Grin

« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 09:06:16 AM by Garry Cowell » Logged
Simon
Bandido

"You see, I have a story too Mr Baily"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 04:22:10 PM »

Real Noodles???

Please forgive me if I am wrong, but there is a small part of me saying, will the real Scott Tiler please stand up?

I'm hoping this will prompt a response and some answers to questions already posted.

"What's a Mook?"
Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2004, 04:26:16 AM »

Nice of you to visit this site Scott. Tell me, how did you communicate with Sergio?

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2005, 07:40:26 AM »

I'm a bit late to the party, but I came across this thread fairly recently and I decided to e-mail Scott Tiler since he hasn't returned.  If he agrees, I'll ask him some of the questions here that he didn't answer yet, along with maybe a few of my own.  If it is him, of course.  I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, as he isn't a terribly famous person, but we'll see.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Alan Shearer 9
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2005, 09:16:45 AM »

Hi this is Charles Bronson, I'm new to this internet hokerypokery, just popping in to say hello, Alan Shearer 9 let me log in with his username, he's such an amazing guy, I'm really honoured tohave met him 

Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2005, 11:45:49 AM »

I never knew he came on the board. But just imagine, every time he comes here, he will be somehow flooded by the questions of members.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 11:55:02 AM by Dlanor » Logged
Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2005, 11:52:51 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM