Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 01:27:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Pieces of Puzzel some thoughts to throw out there
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pieces of Puzzel some thoughts to throw out there  (Read 740 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:09:23 AM »

A thought came to me while watching "Nightfall" and seeing Brian Keith do his bit as the bank robber. How many actors that you have liked over the years have some great scenes in films you've never seen or even heard of. I've always liked Keith, from films like "The Deadly Companions"  "Nevada Smith" "The Hallelujah Trail" "The Rare Breed " and then the light comedies my wife's favorite "The Parent Trap" and "With Six You Get Egg Roll" from those films some of which are rerun on TV over & over again you form that "cinematic" memory of the actor.

Now seeing him in "Nightfall" play an unsavory character gives him a whole new dimension as an actor. There have been others that have surprised me in similar roles Zero Mostel in "Panic In the Streets" for example and others that at the moment I can't think of.

I also think that there is a finite set of archetypal characters with similar characteristics for each generation that you can line up over the years, its sort of an extension of cinematic memory or the case of the actors being typecast into those roles, or are the actors themselves riffing on earlier performances?

For instance

Robert Kieth = Zachary Scott = Steve Buscemi.... are sort of an archetypal set or

Richard Conte = Efrem Zimbalist Jr. = Jack Lord

Sidney Greenstreet = Victor Buono = Thayer David

Elisha Cook Jr. = John Fiedler = Rick Moranis

I'll post others as I think of them.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM