Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 09:01:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Trees Lounge (1996)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trees Lounge (1996)  (Read 1127 times)
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »

great movie centered around alcoholism starring, directed by and written by Steve Buscemi. It's a little-known, sort of noticeably low budget indie flick, a shame it doesn't get more attention. great combination of comedy and drama.

probably the best movie about an alcoholic I've seen. The Lost Weekend is far too overexagerated, though this along with Leaving Las Vegas are pretty much pitch perfect.

relatively tough to get on widescreen, you'd have to order it on Amazon or Ebay. It's fullscreen through Netflix DVD and the only one for illegal online download is fullscreen as well. I just got the WS DVD from ebay for 7 bucks used.

anyone see it?

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:53:42 AM »

No, but I've heard good things about it.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 08:37:31 PM »

One of the rare modern indie movies that's genuine.

I saw this a while back and still haven't checked out anything else of Buscemi's.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 07:51:25 AM »

I enjoyed this. I like it when they don't stump in the story/plot too much in the viewers face and leave some fresh air around (in indie flicks, I mean, I wouldn't even say anything if it was a studio movie). I guess cause of that one can say it looks too vague, disconnected and sorta uninspired in places, but it works for me. I don't know if this is a ''drunk movie'', though. The movie doesn't seem to focus too much on that, or at least - as a continuation of what I said before - not as a judgment. Buscemi plays a ''working man's drunk'', or ''functional alcoholic'' so to speak, the air around the character suggest he really doesn't have anything (more important) to do anyway...

Not a masterpiece, but I could watch it again sometime in the future.

7/10

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM