Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2021, 01:40:18 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Li'l Duce's Reviews Palace
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 61
: Li'l Duce's Reviews Palace  ( 224892 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #660 : July 20, 2016, 12:19:09 AM »

The Gospel According to Philip K. Dick (2001) A series of interview to friends and fans. It concentrates on the mystic phase of the writer. Only for fans and completists. 6/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #661 : July 23, 2016, 06:37:22 AM »

Rabid (1977) Regular zombie/vampire flick by Cronenberg who, although keeps grinding some of his themes, this time keeps the plot going though the movie's small budget. But the movie is worth watching anyway if you like Marilyn Chambers. I do. 7/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #662 : July 28, 2016, 02:18:06 PM »

Noi donne siamo fatte così (1971) A lesser Risi. Saw in a theatre, saw it again yesterday and won't see it again. 5/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #663 : July 28, 2016, 02:21:26 PM »

Noi donne siamo fatte così (1971) A lesser Risi. Saw in a theatre, saw it again yesterday and won't see it again. 5/10

Here is the only funny episode: "A Working Day".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Herx00gqaqo

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #664 : July 29, 2016, 09:14:27 AM »

The Merchant of Venice (2004) Edwige Fenech was executive producer for this adaptation which starred Giancarlo Giannini in the title  role, dubbed visually by Pacino. Irons is his usual catatonic self. The play is uneven, it is worth watching only when Giannini 's got the word (how annoying is the squeaky voice speaking in english emitted by Pacino). I'll watch asap the bbc rendition and evaluate better. Giannini takes anyway 10/10, the rest (including Shakespeare) a generous 6/10. 

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #665 : July 29, 2016, 04:30:03 PM »

Here is the only funny episode: "A Working Day".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Herx00gqaqo
A variation on a joke Hitchcock used to tell, one he originally read as a cartoon, I believe. The new stuff is everything after the lady leaves the concert performance. The final simulation of the cymbals being played against the non-diegetic soundtrack is a nice touch (pun intended). The visual style, of course, owes everything to Jacques Tati, but it's very well done. It gave me several chuckles.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #666 : July 29, 2016, 04:57:50 PM »

I'm sure the turnaround on herself as the train passengers step beside her was taken somewhere but for me it was the funniest moment.

I remembered two other episodes from the movie. One of these (title: L'allumeuse, i.e. The seductress) might even be appreciated by non italian speakers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zb-gfvAX90

« : July 29, 2016, 05:29:24 PM titoli »

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #667 : July 29, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »

I'm sure the turnaround on herself as the train passengers step beside her was taken somewhere but for me it was the funniest moment.
It is very funny.

I remembered two other episodes from the movie. One of these (title: L'allumeuse, i.e. The seductress) might even be appreciated by non italian speakers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zb-gfvAX90
This is OK. I get the gist and the twist, but obviously I'm missing something.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #668 : July 29, 2016, 05:51:32 PM »

It is very funny.
This is OK. I get the gist and the twist, but obviously I'm missing something.

If you get the gist and the twist can't see what else you can be missing. The gist is that while she's dining with her husband to be, the old man is aware she's looking at him, which makes infuriate his wife; then she stares at the moustached sicilian who thinks she wants to seduce him with her pervert husband's complicity ; and then it's the turn of the dyke. And finally the twist.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #669 : July 29, 2016, 06:20:57 PM »

If you get the gist and the twist can't see what else you can be missing. The gist is that while she's dining with her husband to be, the old man is aware she's looking at him, which makes infuriate his wife; then she stares at the moustached sicilian who thinks she wants to seduce him with her pervert husband's complicity ; and then it's the turn of the dyke. And finally the twist.
Well, I didn't get that it was her husband-to-be, and I didn't get that the second guy thought the flirting was all with the husband's complicity and finally I wasn't sure the woman who came in was a dyke. But otherwise . . . .

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #670 : August 09, 2016, 01:45:52 AM »

Abbasso la ricchezza! (1946) Lame comedy with a couple of good moments. Magnani and De Sica rehearse for characters fully developed in the years to come. Magnani singing a famous roman song is the highlight of the movie. For inscrutable reasons the dvd is english captioned. 6/10 

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #671 : August 09, 2016, 08:14:52 AM »

Ma non è una cosa seria (1936) Based on a Pirandello's play, as the director says, is as non-pirandellian as can be, with no reason to watch it except for the usual impeccable Camerini's  direction and the De Sica's performance. 5/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #672 : August 09, 2016, 01:14:33 PM »

Gli uomini che mascalzoni (1932) Now the only reason to watch it is De Sica singing the famous song by Bixio Cherubini. This romantic comedy has got the advantage of lasting barely a hour. 6/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #673 : August 11, 2016, 04:55:39 PM »

You'll Never Get Rich (1941) Very promising at the start as a comedy, it gets boggled in the mire of the army stuff, not the best landscape for Astaire's antics, though they're a joy to see anyway. Only a great song and dance number, this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn7YcPQgPDo

But even the dancing duet at the beginning is great. 6/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #674 : August 21, 2016, 10:49:14 AM »

The Third Reich, in Color (Das Dritte Reich - In Farbe) (1998)

A random collection of material which manages to be very interesting as it redefines your visual idea of those years. A must see for all the people interested in the era. 8/10

: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 61  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines