Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 03, 2023, 09:25:06 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Leone Film Festival in Chicago
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Leone Film Festival in Chicago  ( 14284 )
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« : July 02, 2004, 10:04:39 AM »

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

http://www.artic.edu/webspaces/siskelfilmcenter/2004/july/leone.htm

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

« #1 : July 02, 2004, 12:05:04 PM »

Blessed, you who lived in the Chicago area!!!

Each one for himself, and God against all.
mortimer
Bandido

"You're not digging"

« #2 : July 02, 2004, 12:58:44 PM »

Dang I am jealous. Please send the films to Northern California when you are done with them !!  ;D

"Now you understand why we need the firecracker?"
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

« #3 : July 02, 2004, 01:18:45 PM »

And to Paris too if you can.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : July 02, 2004, 02:04:48 PM »

Lucky you!

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #5 : July 02, 2004, 03:12:08 PM »

Well... i think i'll have to find tickets for a plane that makes Paris/Chicago in a few hours...

Walton
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #6 : July 02, 2004, 09:31:49 PM »

That is awesome! I'd heard there was a restored print of FOD doing the rounds, but West on the big screen in a new print... here's hoping it's enough of a success to travel internationally...

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #7 : July 03, 2004, 04:45:53 AM »

I won't be able to see Fistful Dollars or FAFDM next week  :'(  which is too bad, I've never seen them on the big screen.  I'd love to count every single pockmark on Don Miguel Rojo's face.  But I'll try to catch as many of the others as I can.

This review says they've done some more restoration on OUTITW - is this the DVD restoration, or have they done some more work on it?  I saw it on a re-release on a big screen maybe 7 or 8 years ago.  GBU is my favorite, but I have to admit that OUTITW is more impressive in a theater.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« #8 : July 03, 2004, 10:30:40 AM »

being british and stuck on this sceptered isle....

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #9 : July 03, 2004, 05:34:11 PM »

WOW! I may just travel half way accross the country to catch OUATIW on the big screen, may be my only chance.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #10 : July 11, 2004, 07:31:15 PM »

scratch that! i WILL BE traveling half way accross the country to catch ouatitw on the big screen, among other things... ROAD TRIP!

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #11 : July 12, 2004, 08:21:43 AM »

You serious Gramps?   I was planning on going to next Tuesday's showing.

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #12 : July 26, 2004, 07:26:35 PM »

I was serious... and coincidentally i did go to tuesdays showing... the 20th i believe it was... traveled all the way from maine and it was worth every mile... the film center is really nice too... walked in a little late so i missed the opening scene... but overall it was great... also got conned into a shoe shine by some asshole... wasn't stupid enough to actually pay him though

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #13 : July 28, 2004, 08:43:09 AM »

OOOOOOOH, Forgive me Father for I have sinned!  :'(

I have yet to see any of these, been traveling a lot for work & then had vacation so haven't been able to squeeze it in.  Saw GBU big screen last year, and OUTITW big screen few years ago so I don't feel too guilty about missing those.

BUT, I promise I'll go see Fistful of Dynamite tonight, no excuses.   I've only seen this once on TV, bad pan & scan.  This version has 20 minutes restored, so should be interesting.

Going to try and see OATIA next week too.  Told my wife I'm going to see FOD tonight.    "By yourself?" - Yes.  Her response, "What a loser!"  Women, bah - what do they know  >:(

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #14 : July 28, 2004, 12:06:42 PM »

dynamite is the only leone movie prior to my trip to chicago i had ever seen on the big screen... don't ask how or why but they showed it in maine after it's rerelease last fall. It was great... and it had the final flashback scene, which i hadn't seen in an english version ever... so i assume it's not in any of them... i have a foreign dvd and i have to switch disks at the end just to get the final flashback.

oh and trust me... if i had had the funds to stay a few weeks i would have caught them all on the big screen, or at least the other two ouat movies

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines