Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 04, 2023, 04:32:44 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  For Love of Art
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
: For Love of Art  ( 59550 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

I have Something to Do with Death . . . So do you.

« #150 : March 13, 2022, 11:16:38 AM »

I hear DJ was at MoMA the other day? Now on the run? https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/12/nyregion/moma-stabbing.html
No man, wasn't me. Getting that upset over a revoked membership? Can't see it. Now, on the other hand, if in the middle of a screening of Licorice Pizza management refused to give me a refund . . .

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #151 : March 14, 2022, 09:04:22 AM »

At least go a bit further than the middle and watch the now famous Bradley Cooper/truck scene.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #152 : March 14, 2022, 09:17:58 AM »

the stabber is on the run ... and posting on social media https://nypost.com/2022/03/13/suspected-moma-stabber-ranted-about-bipolar-disorder/

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #153 : March 14, 2022, 12:22:04 PM »

All this for being denied entry into a screening of Bringing Up Baby? The guy is seriously deranged.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #154 : March 15, 2022, 09:59:45 AM »

Got him in Philly: https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/moma-stabbing-suspect-center-city-philadelphia-arson/3177103/

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #155 : March 15, 2022, 03:35:11 PM »

When you?re on the run, its best to lie low and not, you know, set fire to your hotel room.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #156 : November 13, 2022, 09:47:52 PM »

Miss Baltimore was in town today.

We'd wanted to go to the Whitney exhibit "Edward Hopper's New York," but you gotta get passes in advance, it seems to be quite popular. So I'll have to do that another time.

Also we didn't have much time.

Instead we went to Ronald Lauder's Neue Galerie - I like to go every once in a while, to visit the Woman in Gold and some of the other nice Klimts. The museum was made for German/Austrian art of the 20th century, but it turns out they are now showing a bunch of stuff from Lauder's personal collection unrelated to that genre. For example, lots of knight armor and statues I don't care about - but upstairs I walked into this little corner room and almost dies: it's an entire room dedicated to Casablanca! It's mostly posters/lobby cards, etc. - I counted something like 60 of 'em -- and also the famous LETTERS OF TRANSIT! (passports for Bergman and Henreid). And in the room you hear Sam playing AS TIME GOES BY. No photography is allowed in the Neue Galerie so I could'?t take any pics. There is a catalogue of the exhibit available for $75, I did not get it https://shop.neuegalerie.org/collections/bookstore-current-exhibitions/products/the-ronald-s-lauder-collection-selections-of-greek-and-roman-antiquities-medieval-art-arms-and-armor-italian-gold-ground-and-old-master-paintings-austrian-and-german-art-and-design

I am not sure if they have all the posters in there.

But if you are a Casablanca fan -  and who the fuck isn't - check this out. The exhibit runs through Feb. 13

« : November 14, 2022, 12:47:11 PM drinkanddestroy »

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #157 : November 14, 2022, 07:14:20 AM »

Hey, man, have they got the new 4K UHD edition on disc? I hear that's really good (but I'll stay pat with my blu-ray steelbook from the UK).

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #158 : November 14, 2022, 01:06:25 PM »

Hey, man, have they got the new 4K UHD edition on disc? I hear that's really good (but I'll stay pat with my blu-ray steelbook from the UK).

I believe I have these two blu-rays http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-ray_reviews56/casablanca_blu-ray.htm (just the discs, not all the boxset with the tchotchkes).

Anyway, how about we spend a day at the museums -- Lauder & the Whitney. Maybe a movie at night if Film Forum is playing something good.

I can go on a Sunday -- maybe Thanksgiving Sunday or the following week.

cj is a Hopper guy -- maybe he'll wanna join, too?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #159 : November 14, 2022, 06:14:09 PM »

I believe I have these two blu-rays http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-ray_reviews56/casablanca_blu-ray.htm (just the discs, not all the boxset with the tchotchkes).

Anyway, how about we spend a day at the museums -- Lauder & the Whitney. Maybe a movie at night if Film Forum is playing something good.

I can go on a Sunday -- maybe Thanksgiving Sunday or the following week.

cj is a Hopper guy -- maybe he'll wanna join, too?
Sorry, man, I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow and I'll be gone about 3 weeks. Mid-December is the earliest I can do anything around here.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #160 : November 14, 2022, 08:38:32 PM »

Sorry, man, I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow and I'll be gone about 3 weeks. Mid-December is the earliest I can do anything around here.

Lemme know when you get back. Have fun!

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #161 : November 15, 2022, 12:27:34 PM »

Instead we went to Ronald Lauder's Neue Galerie - I like to go every once in a while, to visit the Woman in Gold and some of the other nice Klimts.
Hey, Mr. Klimt Fanatic, any comment on this: https://www.barrons.com/news/eco-protesters-pour-black-liquid-on-klimt-painting-in-vienna-museum-01668511209

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #162 : November 15, 2022, 08:51:31 PM »

Hey, Mr. Klimt Fanatic, any comment on this: https://www.barrons.com/news/eco-protesters-pour-black-liquid-on-klimt-painting-in-vienna-museum-01668511209

Haha Miss Baltimore and I were talking about it beforehand, if some crackpot is gonna do sumthin there.

Lauder is strict about bringing drinks in ? not even a sealed bottle of water allowed in a backpack.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #163 : November 16, 2022, 07:04:55 AM »

it turns out they are now showing a bunch of stuff from Lauder's personal collection unrelated to that genre. For example, lots of knight armor and statues I don't care about - but upstairs I walked into this little corner room and almost dies: it's an entire room dedicated to Casablanca! It's mostly posters/lobby cards, etc. - I counted something like 60 of 'em -- and also the famous LETTERS OF TRANSIT! (passports for Bergman and Henreid). And in the room you hear Sam playing AS TIME GOES BY. No photography is allowed in the Neue Galerie so I could'?t take any pics.

You folks who missed out on the Leone Exhibition at the Western Museum in Los Angeles back in the 2000s really missed out, sounds "similar" to that.  The Leone Exhibition included Eastwood's outfit (he has the poncho, shirt, boots, rattlesnake revolvers, etc.), Frank's outfit, music from all the films, scripts, artifacts, etc.  That exhibit has since been done in Europe.

Jenko Morningstar
Chicken Thief

Sergio Leone & Comic Book Fan

« #164 : November 16, 2022, 11:46:41 AM »

Damn, that sounds really cool. I wish I could've seen Clint's poncho and especially the scripts for the Dollars movies.

: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines