Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 14, 2022, 12:13:52 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  missing on soundtrack?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4
: missing on soundtrack?  ( 26438 )
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #15 : November 22, 2004, 07:47:39 AM »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001FYQHM/qid=1101135030/sr=2-2/ref=pd_ka_b_2_2/002-5253361-2407218

this is the one I have, looks like a deal with complete GBU CD, that's also the one to get

Sentenza
Bandido

« #16 : November 22, 2004, 08:22:58 AM »

I have that version, too. Though, I prefer the sleeve of the french version. Anyway, with 20 tracks this is the most complete version of the score legally available.

1999 italian RCA release (first release of the expanded score):

2003 french RCA release:

2004 international RCA release:

« : November 22, 2004, 08:26:42 AM Sentenza »

We kill him now, papa?!
conradv
Chicken Thief

I Love Claudia

« #17 : November 23, 2004, 12:53:13 PM »

I got my CD a while back - AWESOME!

ratso99
Road Apple

« #18 : December 05, 2004, 07:10:39 PM »

None of these CDs have the tracks in the right order for OUTITW.  For instance, Bad Orchestra comes in when Jill arrives at the train station, not half way through the movie.  Oh well, this 20 track release is better than the previous one.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #19 : December 05, 2004, 11:03:16 PM »

Just got the Italian CD of GBU yesterday, the one that has the 7.14 minute version of Trio. I cannot believe the new U.S. expanded release still has the shorter version. Anyway, the full version of the soundtrack is the only one to have and I wouldn't have even known to get the Italian CD without the info supplied by this board. Thanks, guys.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

« #20 : December 25, 2004, 03:41:54 PM »

I have had the extanted cd of OUATITW for christmas...Marvelous...I had the "old", but now... :'( :'(

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
visitor
Bandido

« #21 : January 21, 2005, 03:37:37 AM »

Just got the Italian CD of GBU yesterday, the one that has the 7.14 minute version of Trio. I cannot believe the new U.S. expanded release still has the shorter version. Anyway, the full version of the soundtrack is the only one to have and I wouldn't have even known to get the Italian CD without the info supplied by this board. Thanks, guys.
the 7:14 minute version is NOT the music as heard in the film. It's a compilation of the film version and the stereo version recorded for the lp back in '66. I don't know which is on the newer cd release as I didn't pick it up.

Sentenza
Bandido

« #22 : January 21, 2005, 12:23:56 PM »

the 7:14 minute version is NOT the music as heard in the film. It's a compilation of the film version and the stereo version recorded for the lp back in '66. I don't know which is on the newer cd release as I didn't pick it up.
I think you're right, visitor. There's a clearly discernible drop in sound quality halfway through the track, when the extended part begins.

This is the expanded Italian release on GDM which includes the long versions of Il triello and Storia di un soldato:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005EF9Y/

And this is the newly remastered US release from Capitol with the shorter versions of Il triello and Storia di un soldato:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00020HDA8/

From what I've seen the latter includes copy-protection and thus should be avoided like the plague as it is broken by definition! :P

Here's a nice review detailing the differences between the two releases:
http://www.soundtrack.net/printable/review-detail.html?id=3648

We kill him now, papa?!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #23 : January 22, 2005, 08:56:01 AM »

OK, Sentenza (or anyone knowledgeable), for us semi-computer literate: how (stepwise) do you post pictures like the soundtrack photos on this board?  Assume that I already know how to make jpg files.  Thanks.  Yes, I agree that the two Euoropean releases a few years ago of these two soundtracks are the best yet, got them both a few years ago.

visitor
Bandido

« #24 : January 22, 2005, 09:24:19 AM »

OK, Sentenza (or anyone knowledgeable), for us semi-computer literate: how (stepwise) do you post pictures like the soundtrack photos on this board?  Assume that I already know how to make jpg files.  Thanks.  Yes, I agree that the two Euoropean releases a few years ago of these two soundtracks are the best yet, got them both a few years ago.
As I understand it(remember, I'm in my fifties and this stuff is Greek filtered thru Latin to me)it depends on the board. Some boards allow you to send directly from your computer's files, and they accept and host these pictures. Other boards require you to be the "host" of theses pix(basically a link to your computer or website).

Sentenza
Bandido

« #25 : January 22, 2005, 01:06:38 PM »

Please note, I made a mistake in my original post typing url (wrong) instead of img (correct). :-\ Apologies for any confusion, the instructions should be correct now.

Cusser, what visitor said is basically correct. I'd just like to point out an important detail. The pictures you want to post MUST, I repeat MUST(!), be accessible from the internet! That means, if you're going to host them on your own computer you'd have to  run some sort of webserver on your machine. This again would be either overkill (just to host a couple of pictures) and/or too complicated. Plus it would open a whole new can of problems, does your ISP allow inbound connections to port 80? etc. The bottom line is, if you're not knowledgeable enough how to post a picture on a web board you shouldn't be messing with some sort of http server, unless you'd be willing to invest time to learn how to configure these things.

Ok, back to the problem of posting an image:

First step is, you need the full path to an image on the web in order to be able to post it here. Technically you don't post it on this board, you just insert a link to the corresponding image (somewhere on the web) and the board software displays it automatically.

The path has to look something like this:
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005EF9Y.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
(I took the path of the GBU GDM image I posted above as an example)

Please, note that the path to your image has to start with http://. Something like C:\Windows\Profiles\Me\Mystuff\Myimage.jpg (on a Windows machine) or /Users/Me/Images/Myimage.jpg (on a Mac) won't work!

If you don't have your own webspace to upload the picture just go to one of the free image hosting services available, like
www.imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com. Just follow the instructions on those pages.

After uploading the picture you just need to know its address and, when you write your post, include it between two img tags, like this:
[ img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/photvol/gdm2039_ava.jpg[ /img]
Important note: make sure to omit the spaces after the opening brackets. I had to insert those to make the tags visible and prevent the board software from parsing them.

If you have javascript activated in your web-browser jut click on this icon: in the section Add BBC tags: when editing your message. It'll give you the img-tags and you'll just have to insert the address to your image between them.

Now I just hope not to have confused you any further.  ;D

« : January 24, 2005, 04:36:15 PM Sentenza »

We kill him now, papa?!
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« #26 : January 23, 2005, 12:16:13 PM »

Great info Sentenza been looking for sites to upload some images. cheers

« : January 23, 2005, 01:58:40 PM The Smoker »

cowboy-cine
Road Apple

And you're the one that doesn't keep 'em...

« #27 : February 24, 2005, 12:10:26 PM »

Thanks for the info on the soundtrack with more material.

Has anyone come across a Morricone tv theme from a show called "The Men From Shiloh" from about '69-'70?

visitor
Bandido

« #28 : February 24, 2005, 05:34:50 PM »

Thanks for the info on the soundtrack with more material.

Has anyone come across a Morricone tv theme from a show called "The Men From Shiloh" from about '69-'70?

yes

cowboy-cine
Road Apple

And you're the one that doesn't keep 'em...

« #29 : February 25, 2005, 02:30:58 PM »

Thanks, I just ordered my copy.  I'm trying to find a source for a Morricone TV theme "Men From Shiloh" from about '69 or '70.
Anyone seen this on a collection? Thanks

: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines