Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:59:50 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Shirley Temple RIP
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Shirley Temple RIP  ( 3724 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« : February 11, 2014, 04:45:36 AM »

Hollywood star Shirley Temple has died at the age of 85, her family has said.

The actress found fame as a child star in the 1930s in films like Bright Eyes, Stand Up and Cheer and Curly Top.

She died on Monday at home in Woodside, California, from natural causes. "She was surrounded by her family and caregivers," a statement said.

"We salute her for a life of remarkable achievements as an actor, as a diplomat, and... our beloved mother, grandmother [and] great-grandmother."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26135627

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #1 : February 11, 2014, 06:07:38 AM »

After her marriage to Charles Alden Black, she always styled herself Shirley Temple Black.

I always liked the fact she retired from acting when she became an adult and got a real job. I wish a lot more actors would follow her lead.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #2 : February 11, 2014, 06:22:31 AM »

I wish a lot more actors would follow her lead.

Many even before becoming an actor. R.I.P.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #3 : February 11, 2014, 06:28:59 AM »

RIP. I never saw her child movies, the only movie I saw with her was FORT APACHE, and I thought she was really good in it. So, I disagree with DJ, (based on that one performance) I think she could have been a good adult actress. There have been some - though, of course, not many - that made the successful transition from child actress to adult actress. Natalie Wood is one name that comes to mind.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #4 : February 11, 2014, 06:37:01 AM »

At her wake, will they drink Shirley Temples?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #5 : February 11, 2014, 06:47:14 AM »

RIP. I never saw her child movies, the only movie I saw with her was FORT APACHE, and I thought she was really good in it. So, I disagree with DJ, (based on that one performance) I think she could have been a good adult actress.
Not the point I was making. No doubt she could have had a successful career as an adult actress. But we have no dearth of applicants for such a career. Society would be enriched by talented people doing other jobs. And cinema would be more interesting with a greater turnover in the acting populace.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
graysev
Gunslinger

« #6 : February 11, 2014, 07:39:13 AM »

RIP

If it weren't for that dress,I'd think you were a man,you ugly old wart.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Just an old friend.

« #7 : February 11, 2014, 07:55:08 AM »

I always liked the fact she retired from acting when she became an adult and got a real job.

Hah, yeah, right.

Anyhow, may she rest in peace.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #8 : February 11, 2014, 01:54:29 PM »

Well I disagree with that. I am happy if anyone who has talent as an actress works as an actress. It's not like her alternative was finding a vaccine for polio or splitting the atom.. And I sure as hell don't consider being an ambassador to be any special asset to society above any other job.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #9 : February 11, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »

I have only vague memories of seeing her kid movies. Still, quite an accomplished life and career.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #10 : February 11, 2014, 07:49:49 PM »

Her early films were classics.  The kid could act, sing, and especially dance.  She was smart.

When you see a young couple bragging about their child, ask how that kid would rank next to Shirley Temple.  My guess is that kid couldn't carry Shirley's tap shoes.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines