Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 26, 2021, 09:24:09 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Free Tour Of A Restored Movie Palace
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Free Tour Of A Restored Movie Palace  ( 1846 )
rexlic
Chicken Thief

« : May 22, 2014, 07:15:30 AM »

This Saturday, another free tour of a restored movie palace in Jamaica, Queens: the Valencia.  The tour is given by the church which took over the space and restored it to its former glory.

http://www.scoutingny.com/take-a-rare-tour-of-the-incredible-valencia-movie-palace-this-saturday/

Lil Brutto
Bounty Killer

« #1 : May 22, 2014, 10:20:24 AM »

Beautiful.

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : May 22, 2014, 06:55:57 PM »

Lowes Triborough was one of my local theaters, it had a similar interior though it looked like you were outside an Italianate courtyard at night & all the alcoves in the buildings were filed with statuary. The Triborough didn't have a chandelier (I suspect that neither did the Valencia - that must be a church addition). As you waited for the feature to start the theater auditorium would gradually darken, as at twilight, and the vaulted ceiling was filled with twinkling lights that looked like stars. It was a show in itself.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
rexlic
Chicken Thief

« #3 : May 23, 2014, 04:52:55 AM »

Lowes Triborough was one of my local theaters, it had a similar interior though it looked like you were outside an Italianate courtyard at night & all the alcoves in the buildings were filed with statuary. The Triborough didn't have a chandelier (I suspect that neither did the Valencia - that must be a church addition). As you waited for the feature to start the theater auditorium would gradually darken, as at twilight, and the vaulted ceiling was filled with twinkling lights that looked like stars. It was a show in itself.

The Valencia apparently had the same setup, with the illusion of a night sky.  I can't remember if I posted the link to the full photographic tour, when I first read about this beauty, so here's the link, plus a look at the lobby. 

http://www.scoutingny.com/the-queens-movie-theater-you-will-not-believe/

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : May 24, 2014, 03:46:53 AM »

Yea the Triborough's lobby was similar

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines