Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2021, 09:58:15 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  My Darling Clementine (1946)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
: My Darling Clementine (1946)  ( 47819 )
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #90 : August 14, 2020, 12:18:55 AM »

Are you saying the bonus feature is not sufficient?

I rewatched the feature, and at first it seems that every difference between the 2 versions is covered, but it is not. For example the scene in which Tim Holt chases John Ireland through the desert is longer (and better) in the review version, and when Bond and  Mature sneak to the Ok Corral it is Bond who says something about the fact that they go without their boots, a dialogue eliminated from the release version, even if the scene is the same, only without any dialogue.

Btw this is quite a funny detail, cause I have no idea why both went to the shoot-out on their stockings (which one barely notices in the release version without that dialogue). Sure, they sneak from the sides, but there is no real advantage apparent. But of course too much logical questions lead mostly nowhere in many westerns, not only the ones by Ford.

« : August 14, 2020, 12:23:37 AM stanton »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #91 : August 14, 2020, 01:12:52 AM »

I rewatched the feature, and at first it seems that every difference between the 2 versions is covered, but it is not. For example the scene in which Tim Holt chases John Ireland through the desert is longer (and better) in the review version, and when Bond and  Mature sneak to the Ok Corral it is Bond who says something about the fact that they go without their boots, a dialogue eliminated from the release version, even if the scene is the same, only without any dialogue.

Btw this is quite a funny detail, cause I have no idea why both went to the shoot-out on their stockings (which one barely notices in the release version without that dialogue). Sure, they sneak from the sides, but there is no real advantage apparent. But of course too much logical questions lead mostly nowhere in many westerns, not only the ones by Ford.

I think the point of them dying in their stockings is meant to be ironic, because of course it is a famous thing about gunfighters that they die with their boots on.

Also, notice the look that Mature gives Bond when the latter warns about the nails on the ground. Like a kid irritated by his mom?s warning to wear a coat outside in the cold. By this point Mature wants to die anyway, he couldn?t give a damn if he steps on a nail.

By the way, did you watch on DVD or Blu-ray? As I detailed above, I have found that whiel the Blu-ray is better for the theatrical version, the DVD is better for the pre-release version.

Anyway, I don?t plan on watching the theatrical version again. It is still a great movie of course, and the changes are not major, but I definitely prefer the pre-release.

p.s. It has been quite a while since we?ve had a good discussion about a Western around here  :)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines