Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 08:24:11 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  LEONE SCENE YOU DISLIKE.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
: LEONE SCENE YOU DISLIKE.  ( 47565 )
duval
Road Apple

Woke up this morning, Got myself a gun!!!

« #30 : November 14, 2004, 12:09:34 PM »

I really like the "Bank of Mesa Verde" banner and the accompanying organ music, I agree that the flashbacks in fafdm are poorly done but when one sees the flashbacks in DYS, possibly the most beutiful scene in a movie EVER is the last flashback where John shoots his mate, we can forgive the poor ones in fafdm

Yeah I knew 'im, delicious!
Two Kinds of ...
Gunslinger

Idiots - it's for you.

« #31 : November 14, 2004, 12:31:53 PM »

I think Elizabeth McGovern is bad in OUATIA.

More feeling.
Tim

« #32 : February 11, 2005, 07:49:17 PM »

This was a post a couple of pages ago, but I like the added scene where Angel Eyes visits the bombed out Confederate fort.  Much of that has to do with Morricone's score, but nonetheless, its a good scene. 

And it explains how Angel Eyes ends up in the prison camp.  Just like Tuco's gang, it always bothered me how it was never explained how he made his way into the camp.

Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #33 : February 11, 2005, 10:51:57 PM »

The black face makeup Clint wears in the scene before Manco and Mortimer get caught by Indio's gang.

I also didn't like the toilet scene with young Noodles. The whole scene from start to finish.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #34 : February 14, 2005, 11:46:29 AM »

I happen to really like the Tuco bathtub scene, and have heard Eli speak that he really enjoyed it, and got a kick out of his nude scene. 

Derringdo - you're a llama, and if you don't like Tuco, quit using my photo !!!

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #35 : April 18, 2006, 06:29:43 PM »

Tuco is a rapist, therefore he is worse in my book than Sentenza,

I understand everybody is entitled to their opinions here so dont take this as any kind of insult or me questioning your character but...how could you possible think that rape is worse than the murder of innocents(in which Angel Eye's does with glee)?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

« #36 : April 18, 2006, 06:49:31 PM »

the added scene where Angel Eyes visits the bombed out Confederate fort.  

And it explains how Angel Eyes ends up in the prison camp. 

Tim...could you elaborate on this a bit?  I haven't seen this scene...most recent new SE, right?...& I'm very interested.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #37 : April 18, 2006, 08:23:28 PM »

Tim...could you elaborate on this a bit?  I haven't seen this scene...most recent new SE, right?...& I'm very interested.

well Tim I dont think it explains how he ends up as a sargeant at the Baterville camp, but it does explain how he finds the place.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #38 : April 19, 2006, 03:09:02 AM »

They shudda brought in Trinity director Enzo Barboni to collaborate with Valerii on My Name Is Nobody because Leone was much too indulgent and lacked comic timing with the slapstick scenes he made involving Terence Hill.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #39 : April 19, 2006, 03:58:00 AM »

It takes place at a bombarded fort/hospital, reminds you of the later monastary sequence with Tuco. We see AE approching the battle has already been fought there, he enters through a hole in the wall to the interior which is taken over by a Confederate medical unit, AE shows a human side to his character registering some discust at the scene. He goes out to the Place des Arms and see's an officer throwing corn cobs into a big stew pot, he give the man a bottle of hard liquor and questions him (in his quest for Jackson/Carson) and finds out the Carson is most likely taken prisoner, so it explains the motivation for him getting into a position Union POW camp. its a good 10 miniute sequence at least or so it seems.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #40 : April 19, 2006, 05:07:25 AM »

My only beef with the restored Confederate fort scene is the actor dubbing Van Cleef. It sounds absolutely nothing like him. As I said on the board elsewhere, I can do a better Mortimer impression than the guy they've used.

The only scene I can think of off hand in a Leone film that's ALWAYS annoyed me was in OUTIA. It's the scene when the gang, as children, eastablish their "bank", the suitcase in the railway station. They all put their hands on it and say "Agreed". For some reason, I don't know why, the way Scott Tiler frowns, pauses, says "Agreed!" and plasters a stoopid grin on his face really really irritates me.

I've spoken to others who've had the same reaction, so I know I ain't the only one. It's a glaring false not in an otherwise excellent performance. Perhaps the editor has allowed the pause to beat too long, I dunno...

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #41 : April 19, 2006, 05:15:36 AM »

My only beef with the restored Confederate fort scene is the actor dubbing Van Cleef. It sounds absolutely nothing like him. As I said on the board elsewhere, I can do a better Mortimer impression than the guy they've used.
I think its good to show more dimensions to Angel Eyes-even the most evil men  in history must have had a lighter side including Hitler :o.The Angel Eyes voice is close enough for my liking!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #42 : April 19, 2006, 05:55:33 AM »

yea I though AE's dub was better than  Eastwood-Wallach dudding their own.

You are talking the english dub right?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #43 : April 19, 2006, 06:31:22 AM »

You are talking the english dub right?

Si, cherto. 8)

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #44 : April 19, 2006, 09:08:56 AM »

its a good 10 miniute sequence at least or so it seems.

4 minutes 8)

: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines