Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 14, 2022, 06:04:53 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Il mio nome è Nessuno aka My Name Is Nobody (1973)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41
: Il mio nome è Nessuno aka My Name Is Nobody (1973)  ( 284290 )
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #420 : January 23, 2012, 04:29:34 PM »

Interesting to see how the original idea for a barber's scene with Fonda in OUATITW seems to have found its way in to MNIN.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #421 : June 29, 2012, 03:35:33 PM »

French Blu-ray:

http://www.hdnumerique.com/actualite/articles/11155-mon-nom-est-personne-en-blu-ray-steelbook-le-18-septembre.html

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #422 : June 29, 2012, 04:42:39 PM »

Yowza! Bring on the Region A disc!

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #423 : June 30, 2012, 04:30:13 AM »

Wouldn't hold my breath judging by the quality of the previous R1 DVDs: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare/nobody.htm

I hope this French BD has the Valerii commentary like the old French DVD.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #424 : June 30, 2012, 09:15:33 PM »

I still don't own this title on dvd. Looking at Beaver's options for the two R1 releases, looks like the picture quality on the Image version is far superior to the Wham version. So do I buy the Image one, or wait for the Blu Ray?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #425 : July 01, 2012, 08:14:48 AM »

I guess the BD will be region B locked?

I wouldn't touch anything but the German (reviewed by DVD Beaver) or French (http://www.ecranlarge.com/dvd_review-list-1265.php) R2 releases. I guess you're not multi-region even just on DVD then?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #426 : July 01, 2012, 09:31:04 AM »

I guess the BD will be region B locked?

I wouldn't touch anything but the German (reviewed by DVD Beaver) or French (http://www.ecranlarge.com/dvd_review-list-1265.php) R2 releases. I guess you're not multi-region even just on DVD then?

correct, I only have a R1 dvd player.

I meant I could wait for the Region A Blu Ray to be released. If the Region B is being released now, will the A be that far behind? (Or are the rights owned by totally different studios that have nothing to do with each other?)

I'm not in the biggest rush anyway. I have a Netflix account so I can rent virtually any dvd I want to. I rarely purchase dvd's; the few exceptions being Leone movies, plus a few other favorites that I like to have on hand for easy access. I figure that with my Netflix account and easy access to rentals, no point in buying many dvd's; I can rent anything I want. (Anyway, a great movie only remains great if you don't watch it more than once or twice a year  ;)) So I guess I'll eventually get this title just for the sake of owning every Leone movie, but I'm not in the biggest rush. So I can wait for the BRd

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #427 : July 01, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »

As I already said above regarding a region A release:

Wouldn't hold my breath judging by the quality of the previous R1 DVDs: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare/nobody.htm

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #428 : July 01, 2012, 02:39:31 PM »

So I guess I'll eventually get this title just for the sake of owning every Leone movie,

SW FANS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmCL0gIhkLM&feature=related

Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #429 : July 01, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »

correct, I only have a R1 dvd player.

Have you tried searching for the unlocking codes online for your DVD player? You might be pleasantly surprised.

I unlocked my mother-in-law's R1 DVD player that way.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #430 : July 01, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »

There's also the issue of PAL to NTSC conversion.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #431 : July 02, 2012, 04:08:27 AM »

Good point. She has a Vizio TV that supports a PAL input in any case.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #432 : July 02, 2012, 07:28:06 AM »

I have an LG TV, a Samsung blu ray player. That wouldn't support PAL, would it?

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #433 : July 02, 2012, 04:28:19 PM »

I have an LG TV, a Samsung blu ray player. That wouldn't support PAL, would it?

It depends on the models. Virtually all of today's TVs can reproduce a PAL signal, but most DVD Players in North America are set for Region 1 only. Many of those DVD players, however, can be "hacked" to make them "Region Free" by introducing a code with the remote control. I have a Philips BDP3406 Blu Ray player, cheap but and it plays anything you can imagine in any format: PAL, NTSC, MKV, AVI, you name it.

Check in Google if there is a hack for your particular DVD player. Just type the brand and model plus the word "hack" and see what you get.  ;)

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #434 : July 02, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »

It depends on the models. Virtually all of today's TVs can reproduce a PAL signal, but most DVD Players in North America are set for Region 1 only. Many of those DVD players, however, can be "hacked" to make them "Region Free" by introducing a code with the remote control. I have a Philips BDP3406 Blu Ray player, cheap but and it plays anything you can imagine in any format: PAL, NTSC, MKV, AVI, you name it.

Check in Google if there is a hack for your particular DVD player. Just type the brand and model plus the word "hack" and see what you get.  ;)

can I do a one-time hack to get it to play everything? or would I have to keep switching back and forth between R1 and R2 every time I wanted to play one or the other? I'm not very technologically knowledgeable so I am hesitant to do anything that I couldn't easily reverse or that may screw me up. I never had a computer or other electronic shit as a kid, and seriously, to this day I get this Freudian anxiety at anything to do with electronics, even simplest things, like taking a new device out of the box and doing the basic set-up. I'm no spartan; I have a 32" LG HDTV, Samsung Blu Ray Player, and MacBook, and iPod with a touch screen.... But I still have this fear about goofing around with anything cuz I am worried I may not be able to get it back to how it was  ;)

: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines