Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2021, 04:33:44 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Il mio nome è Nessuno aka My Name Is Nobody (1973)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41
: Il mio nome è Nessuno aka My Name Is Nobody (1973)  ( 268340 )
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #480 : January 26, 2013, 07:16:50 AM »

Post screencaps please. :o

Yes please. Seeing as the DVD was incredible, I'm expecting this BD to be mind-blowing.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #481 : January 26, 2013, 02:45:03 PM »

Sorry, boys, no can do (I don't have a computer with a blu-ray drive). Blu-ray.com, though, imports a fair amount of discs; if we get lucky they'll decide to review this (maybe the new FAFDM, too).

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #482 : January 27, 2013, 07:04:53 AM »

Sorry, boys, no can do (I don't have a computer with a blu-ray drive).

Neither do I...

Blu-rays differ quite a lot from DVDs and taking screencaps isn't as easy.

I hadn't realized that as have never tried. Copyright issues with software I suppose?

I guess the usual caveats of things looking different in motion and different TVs with different calibrations will apply anyway. It's always good to have a basic reference point though.

Some of the members of other forums take photos of paused images on their TV...

Well, that seems nigh on useless.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #483 : February 07, 2013, 12:36:26 PM »

Kraut Blu-ray in da haus! O0

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Lil Brutto
Bounty Killer

« #484 : February 07, 2013, 12:58:46 PM »

Thoughts?

I'm going to place my order for this BD and The Big Gundown once the Dollars films are released in a few days.

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #485 : February 07, 2013, 09:05:25 PM »

Thoughts?

I'm going to place my order for this BD and The Big Gundown once the Dollars films are released in a few days.

I will patiently wait for your feedback. Meanwhile I'll stick to those old pesky DVDs.  :D

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #486 : February 08, 2013, 05:37:19 AM »

Hmmm, well, there's good news and there's bad news. The good news is that, for the lame, the halt, and the region-bound, the disc is playable in Regions A,B,C. Also, this transfer is apparently taken from the same master used for the old Tobis DVD. The bad news is that this transfer is apparently taken from the same master used for the old Tobis DVD. In its day, that master was state-of-the-art. But that day is long gone. The technology has evolved and a new scan could have produced spectacular results. As it stands, the blu-ray improves on the DVD slightly in the areas of details and clarity. Ironically, that added clarity shows up the problems with that old transfer. First, speckles, which abound early in the film, can be more easily detected. Second, the flesh tones are still off: not in every scene, but in many the faces of Hill and Fonda are too red. Finally, for at least the first half of the film, there is some kind of image fluctuation in the lower half of the frame that seems to show up every 10 seconds or so. At about the point where Stefanelli gets killed it ceases, but then reappears for the scenes in New Orleans.

Language options are German or English audio, German or English subtitles, or no titles. There is nothing Italian offered.

I've always liked the DVD, and I'm not unhappy that I have the Blu-ray that gives me a slight upgrade over that. People who like the film who have never had the Tobis DVD should be pleased with this release. If you have the Tobis DVD, you may not find the Blu-ray upgrade necessary.

Lil Brutto
Bounty Killer

« #487 : February 08, 2013, 11:27:31 AM »

Thanks for your review.

Does this mean the Dollars films will use the Tobis DVD master as well? Time will tell.

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #488 : February 09, 2013, 10:22:50 AM »

Thanks for letting us know. I guess I'll just hang on to my DVD then.

Does anyone know anything about the French BD? I'd love it for the extra features, but I'm worried about locked-in subtitles.

Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

« #489 : February 24, 2013, 06:30:16 PM »

I just downloaded this and am looking forward to watching it. The only Terence Hill movie I've seen is "Watch Out We're Mad" with Bud Spencer, and I loved it!

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

« #490 : March 06, 2013, 03:56:54 AM »

I had a lot of fun with this one  O0
*sighs* It just makes me even more sad that SL never made any more westerns like this.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #491 : October 29, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »

U.S. blu: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/My-Name-Is-Nobody-Blu-ray/48179/#Review

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #492 : October 29, 2013, 11:40:18 AM »

U.S. blu: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/My-Name-Is-Nobody-Blu-ray/48179/#Review

I love how they put this big "40th Anniversary Edition" above the box like this is some special release, but don't include a single bonus feature.

Nevertheless, if the image quality is much better than the dvd versions, I'm happy about this release

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Sundance
Gunslinger

« #493 : May 19, 2014, 01:48:12 PM »

Some nice BIG photographs from the time they were filming the duel scene (JO at the SWWB gave the link):

https://xpatscot.wordpress.com/tag/french-quarter/ (The person behind the blog makes a few mistakes, the guy credited as Valerii is apparently Stefano Rolla)

Additionally here are some photos of Valerii from the set of Nobody (I posted these at SWDB last year):

Is this last one from the set of My Name Is Nobody? (the book has several more photos from sets of other movies)

« : May 19, 2014, 02:05:46 PM Sundance »

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #494 : May 21, 2014, 03:05:52 AM »

thanks

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines